Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 05:48 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm sure it wasn't! Congrats on the win! This game isn't bad but going from Romo to these two is pretty boring.
Yep!

Romo is a pretty knowledgable guy, and his commentary makes the game more exciting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2018, 06:10 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm sure it wasn't! Congrats on the win! This game isn't bad but going from Romo to these two is pretty boring.
I really enjoy Romo and his knowledge and enthusiasm. He plays his neutrality to a tee, playing up the Jags when they were in the lead. He was truly enjoying the game. Buck/Aikman, ehh, but I loved Buck's call when White won the Super Bowl last year.

Old 01-21-2018, 06:11 PM

14,325 posts, read 14,623,274 times
You're right and he is a great match with Nantz. I've never been a fan of Nantz but even he is more interesting now!

Old 01-22-2018, 02:21 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,618,297 times
You're a HUGE pats fan. Sure. Whatever you say.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:07 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,465,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
Not torture for this Pats fan.
Clearly the NFL wanted to speed up the AFC Championship so they decided to only call one penalty against the Pats. Least amount since, oh yeah, the 2011 Pats playoff game. Some seriously great coaching going on there for that to happen.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:18 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,051,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
He said the game sucked because it was slow as hell with all the commercials. Fans want a quicker paced game without the requisite 100 commercials after every drive I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
The networks believe we need to constantly be reminded about pizza, cars, trucks, burgers, tacos, Direct TV, smart phones, laptops & Bud Light (dilly, dilly!).
One word: Sponsors

Old 01-22-2018, 10:05 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
You're a HUGE pats fan. Sure. Whatever you say.

Gotta love those life-long(since 2001)
Patriots fans!! I bet 99% of them have NO idea who Sugar Bear Hamilton, Julius Adams, Don Calhoun, Raymond Clayborn, Russ Francis, Mack Herron, or Bob Windsor is.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:52 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,880,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
Gotta love those life-long(since 2001)
Patriots fans!! I bet 99% of them have NO idea who Sugar Bear Hamilton, Julius Adams, Don Calhoun, Raymond Clayborn, Russ Francis, Mack Herron, or Bob Windsor is.
I do I remember when they were locally as the Boston Patsies and that in a derogatory way.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:21 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
I managed to sit through the Pats - Jax game, but it was pure torture with all the commercials. I am out of the country and the game is in Spanish so I muted it but it was an ordeal. It seemed like there were 5 minutes of commercials at a time, agony. I remember the old days when the games lasted 2 hours and were fun to watch. I really didn't care who won since I am a huge Pats fan but I live in Jax now so I would have been happy with either outcome.
I record games and then fast forward (FF) through the ads, all of which are execrable. I FF not only through the ads, but in the dead time between most plays as they go to the huddle as I don't care to hear a commentator tell us about what so and so did last week against such and such a team. I'm neither a super fan nor a fantasy football player so all that talk is dead time for me. I also FF through the insipid half-time show which is 15 minutes of dead time where you get 9 minutes of ads and 6 minutes of 5 guys all trying to make a point with insufficient time to do so. In the span of 90 minutes I can see an entire game, which I did this last weekend. I pay attention to the time bar at the bottom of the screen; most "timeouts" are 2.5 minutes of ads, and there are lots of them during a game.

PS: Much the same is true for watching baseball....
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-25-2018, 04:58 AM

1,563 posts, read 2,875,268 times
Sure,the ads drive us all crazy but they are a necessary evil........without ads,you don't get a game in your living room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football