Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2023, 03:22 PM

17,587 posts, read 15,266,523 times

Advertisements

Figured make a topic about this one. They just had their draft and I noticed that Chase Brice was drafted by the Houston Gamblers. Former Clemson, Duke and Appy State QB.

Malik Cunningham went to Birmingham.

My question here.. How exactly does this work? USFL just had their draft, NFL has theirs in May..

What if someone is drafted by both? Can that happen?

I see that if someone signs a USFL contract, they can't go to the NFL until the USFL season ends in June.. Since.. I guess that wouldn't be a conflict.. I suppose if you're not expected to get picked by the NFL, it makes sense to 'declare' eligible for the USFL draft? Maybe you can showcase yourself enough to get drafted by an NFL team?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2023, 02:29 AM

8,272 posts, read 8,657,742 times
The people taken in the USFL draft probably wouldn't get drafted by the NFL. Maybe a few would get a FA contract after the draft but not many. The teams drafting knew enough not to take NFL prospects since that would be a wasted pick.

A few may fall through the cracks and end up in the NFL.

Old 02-25-2023, 07:46 PM

2,576 posts, read 1,750,185 times
The USFL will fail just like the XFL. Every team needs to play inside the city they Rep.

Old 02-26-2023, 07:09 AM

3,734 posts, read 2,563,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post
The USFL will fail just like the XFL. Every team needs to play inside the city they Rep.
yeah, this is lame.. but it's understandable that a fledgling league would wanna save some travel expenses. It is a league underwriting it's existence on TV audiences, not in-person ticket sales.

I looked at the schedules last week, and they will play some true home games the first two weeks. And then Detroit will become the fixed site for this year's season. I liked it last year.. I saw the Maulers changed their look to Black&Gold to match the rest of Pittsburgh pro teams.

Old 02-27-2023, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobisinthehouse View Post

They're doing something that no other spring league has done in over 10 years.

Return for a second season.

So far as I know, last time that happened was the old UFL.

Old 04-05-2023, 06:10 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
USFL opening day is Saturday, April 15.

Philly Stars vs Memphis Showboats at 4:30 PM on FOX

NJ Generals vs Birmingham Stallions 7:30 FOX.

Two games on Sunday also. https://www.theusfl.com/schedule

Old 05-07-2023, 09:48 PM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Has anyone watched any of the games so far?

I watched a piece of one of the games opening weekend, and have kind of forgotten about it ever since. I have watched more NBA playoff basketball and even peeked in on the XFL playoff games...

Old 05-08-2023, 02:17 PM

I haven't.. I've been too invested in the XFL.

Which.. XFL has a bad look happening with a 5-6 team against a 10-1 team for the championship..

If DC loses.. That.. Could put a bullet in the league, to be honest.

Bad setup to start with. They should have just had an 8 team league, top 4 teams are in the playoffs. 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, winners play each other for the championship.

Old 05-10-2023, 03:22 AM

5,163 posts, read 3,658,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I haven't.. I've been too invested in the XFL.

Which.. XFL has a bad look happening with a 5-6 team against a 10-1 team for the championship..

If DC loses.. That.. Could put a bullet in the league, to be honest.

Bad setup to start with. They should have just had an 8 team league, top 4 teams are in the playoffs. 1 vs 4, 2 vs 3, winners play each other for the championship.
Seattle is 5-6? I had kind of forgotten that they had lost so many games...especially considering their early season stubbornness with going for 3 after every TD.

That said, I will probably at least look at some of the XFL championship game.

Old 05-10-2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Seattle is 5-6? I had kind of forgotten that they had lost so many games...especially considering their early season stubbornness with going for 3 after every TD.

That said, I will probably at least look at some of the XFL championship game.

Seattle, and DeNucci finished the season 7-4, losing to DC in the.. Divisional round?

Arlington, who DC is playing for the championship, finished the regular season 4-6, and defeated Houston, who finished the regular season 7-3 to go to the championship game.

Probably the best SUPPORTED team in the league, St Louis, was left out entirely due to tiebreakers after finishing tied at 7-3 with Seattle.

And.. I will note.. DC has supported that team pretty well. I think at least half of that is just so they can get out there and make a huge Beer Snake and start chants of "F*** Dan Snyder" and "Sell the Team"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football