Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2017, 12:45 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I'm not saying Brock Lobster is a savior but for sure they needed to change things up to see what happens.
I don't disagree at all. I was hoping they'd switch to Osweiler at halftime of the Giants game. I simply don't expect this to be a move that pushes them over the top. They're still gonna struggle on offense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2017, 01:06 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,613 times
Brock did OK when he subbed for Peyton, but when things started going south, he was unable to rally the troops.
He is not a leader. That is what the O lacks, these days. A leader.
Was hoping Siemian would step up, but he seems to have lost the helm. Maybe Brock has learned something and can turn things around. Otherwise we need to write off this season and hope the O-Line can form into a cohesive unit by next year.

It's hard for a QB to always make the right decision when he's running for his life.

Old 11-01-2017, 02:35 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Probably more wrongly than rightly, Trevor's taking a lot of the heat. So just seeing the O-line in front of another QB will help refocus on where some of the problems lie.

And it's not all on the field, I'm feeling more than a little iffy about Vance Joseph.

Old 11-01-2017, 04:26 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
I agree, especially since as bad as it feels, the season isn't completely lost at this point. Giving Brock a shot may help salvage the season. I can't think of any other reason they'd not put him in at this point.
Agreed. And unless the Philadelphia Eagles lay down like dogs on Sunday, pencil in an L for Denver on Sunday. They had to do this to salvage the season.

Siemien has been regressing by the week. On several passes he looked like a qb in his first few seconds as a pro qb, like the throw that sailed five yards over Andy Janovich's head and 5 yards behind them on that sideline route in the 3rd quarter, heh, plus the fact he had a clear shot to complete that pass. And the third interception he threw. Very few quarterbacks in the league can run right, throw left and put steam on the ball. Trevor has an ok arm, not a strong arm. Knowing that, he knew he should have just run the ball and in fact might have gotten that first down in that situation. Instead he threw that ball off his right foot. Result is easy pick. Trevor needs to remember to set his feet before throwing.

But he might be excused for having "happy feet." The 0-line is in the third year of an overhaul plan and I swear they are getting worse every year. The REAL head scratcher to all this is that Denver got 177 yards rushing against the 5-2 Chiefs. But pass protection? Well, giving up three sacks on Sunday instead of 5 sacks against the Chargers 9 days ago is an improvement (ugh), still Trevor has been getting beat up pretty good. Trevor has ok speed getting out of the pocket but just ok speed.

I haven't forgotten about the third link in this chain. jamaal Charles got stripped of the ball as he was fighting for yardage, first turnover came early in the game. Virgil Green dropped a pass in the second quarter that came to him at about 2 mph. 15 yard gain if caught, keeps drive alive. Same with Benny Fowler, has both knees on the goal line literally waiting for the ball and being wide open in the 3rd quarter. And the ball goes DOINK right off his chest. Good God! Emmanuel Sanders absence is felt more by the week. And Isaiah McKenzie? No more fumbling punt returns. No more. No, non, uhuh, nope, negatory----nyet!

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 11-01-2017 at 08:17 PM..

Old 11-05-2017, 10:28 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,861,807 times
Some last minute notes before kickoff.

NFL Network is reporting that Eagles tight end Zach Entz will not play (hamstring)

Bronco wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders will suit up, not sure if he starts though.

Philly is coming in as an 8 point pick in today's game. Right now they have the best record in the NFL and stat wise leads the league in several categories. Carson Wentz is having a great season. A second year quarterback out of North Dakota State, so far this season he has passed for 2063 yards and has a qb rating of 101.6, this kid IMO is the real deal.

Denver has their hands full containing the Eagles offense.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:18 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
My wife and I are watching Stranger Things on the Flix.

How's the game going? Actually, nevermind because we don't care.

God Bless America for the important things in life.

To be on topic, hope Sanders gets and stays healthy.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:36 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,613 times
Well, let's just say that the Broncos are still looking for that great QB that will save the Season.

And the Eagles claim to the best record in the NFL is not yet in jeopardy.

Old 11-05-2017, 12:44 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
They’re on the brink of 3-5, and their next opponent is the Patriots who is on a bye this week and whose defense seems to have figured things out. Not that they’d have needed to going against this Broncos offense. Suffice to say the Broncos are looking at 3-6 by next week. At that point I’d favor giving Lynch the reigns and a 7 game audition for the 2018 season. You can’t move on from him until you see what you have. Since this season is a disaster anyway what is there to lose?

Old 11-05-2017, 01:44 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Just looked at scores on Yahoo NFL page; Phila 44 and Denver 9....what on earth is happening... Brock Osweiler has a QB rating of 42.0 ???

Game was supposed to be on CBS here in Phoenix, but when I tuned in ten minutes ago they're showing Baltimore at Tennessee...hmmmm
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 11-05-2017, 01:56 PM

8,605 posts, read 14,894,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Just looked at scores on Yahoo NFL page; Phila 44 and Denver 9....what on earth is happening... Brock Osweiler has a QB rating of 42.0 ???

Game was supposed to be on CBS here in Phoenix, but when I tuned in ten minutes ago they're showing Baltimore at Tennessee...hmmmm
CBS switched everyone but Denver and Philly to a more competitive game.

What happened? John Elway. The guy's a lousy GM. Got lucky with Manning and has made some good decisions on defense, but his offensive choices have been pathetic. Broncos have three crap QBs, a handful of mediocre running backs, a bunch of backup tight ends and no offensive line. I really hope he's gone at the end of the season.

I also think the Vance Joseph hire was a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football