Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 08:40 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,497,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Both.

Sweet B55D!

I have a good feeling about this game. Thank God it's the early game too - here in St. Louis, we get - Rams at DETROIT. If you want to cite a waste of electricity...

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 08:59 PM

532 posts, read 1,567,941 times
I say we go air force falcons style, line up with 3 backs and a qb and run it up the middle, run it up the middle, run it behind the guard, run it up the middle, run it up the middle, run it behind the guard, run it up the middle, run it up the middle, pitch outside to speedster back, repeat.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:23 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times
The Ravens have a pretty week secondary. McDaniels offense is based off of exploiting mismatches and confusing the defense, so I'm sure we'll see them exploited, ruthlessly, this week. Expect to see us come out throwing the ball and once their defense starts dropping back to close off the passing lanes, we'll start ramming the ball down their throat with our power running game.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:52 AM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Bosco55David is right. Ed Reed is still the star in that secondary, who is known to take chances. Other than Reed, their secondary has underperformed so far this season. By now the Ravens have figured out that the Broncos defense is not doing it with mirrors.

Baltimore is not in a good spot at all at 3-3. They are looking uphill in the division and we are not at the halfway point yet.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:48 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,693,361 times
Let's Go Broncos!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 PM

613 posts, read 1,054,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
The Ravens have a pretty week secondary. McDaniels offense is based off of exploiting mismatches and confusing the defense, so I'm sure we'll see them exploited, ruthlessly, this week. Expect to see us come out throwing the ball and once their defense starts dropping back to close off the passing lanes, we'll start ramming the ball down their throat with our power running game.
I predict a broncos EPIC FAIL against Balt. Orton will not be able to deal with the ravens defense u guys will crash and burn just like last season. GO PATS

Old 10-30-2009, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
I predict a broncos EPIC FAIL against Balt. Orton will not be able to deal with the ravens defense
I hate to break it to you but this isn't the Ravens defense of old. Their defense is ranked 19th in the league, giving up 21.7 points and 332.7 yards per game. That's almost exactly the same performance that the Charger's defense is producing, and we moved the ball easily on them. Your Patriots have a much better defense (6th in the league) and didn't have much trouble handling you guys. Hell, Orton was AFC Offensive Player of the week after his performance in that game.

He carved up a top tier defense in that game, so what makes you think he's going to have trouble with a defense that is literally one spot away from being bottom tier?

And as I said earlier, they have a very weak secondary right now. There are a multitude of match ups we can exploit there, as our receivers are vastly superior to their corners. Ed Reed is the only decent player in the back four, and he is a gambling, free lancing type player, which is exactly what McDaniel's scheme likes to exploit. I'm almost counting on him leaving one of his corners exposed over the type resulting in a long completion.

Quote:
u guys will crash and burn just like last season. GO PATS
I find it out that you say that, especially considering that this year we're clearly a better 2nd half football team.

Anyways, we crashed and burned last season for a few different reasons.

1 - Jeremy Bates/Offensive scheme:
Bates openly admitted last year that he was trying to mimic the 2007 Patriots offense. It worked great for the first 4 weeks when we were tearing up every defense that stepped on the field, but then teams adjusted and Bates did not, which is why our offensive performance did not finish strong. Bates is gone now, replaced by the guy who created the scheme he was trying to copy.

2 - Injuries to our RBs: We lost what, 7 running backs to IR? That's insane. It got so bad that at the end of the year we were literally pulling guys off the street to run the ball for us.

3 - Lack of toughness: Shanahan ran our training camp and practices more like a country club than a football team. That worked great with the late 90's team when we were full of consummate professionals who knew how to do their job, but with a younger team it's destined for failure.

4 - Lack of veteran leadership: It just wasn't there last year. That's why we brought in guys like Dawkins, Renaldo Hill, Andre Goodman, Andra Davis, Vonnie Holliday...etc.

And the biggest reason for last years collapse...

5 - Bob Slowik:
A high school football team could have decimated his defensive "schemes". We ran through no less than three alignments last year, and I nearly burst a damn blood vessel last year watching his 4-4 defense with a lone safety playing 20 yards off the line of scrimmage.

All of those problems, and then some, have been rectified with this 2009 team. Right now, there isn't a team in the league I'd be worried about going toe to toe with.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:34 AM

I dont think u will beat the ravens but lets say u do the steelers will destroy u and so will Indy. The broncos may make the playoffs but they'll lose their fist game they cant go toe to toe with legit teams

Old 10-31-2009, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1282 View Post
I dont think u will beat the ravens but lets say u do the steelers will destroy u and so will Indy. The broncos may make the playoffs but they'll lose their fist game they cant go toe to toe with legit teams
The Steelers? They barely beat the Titans, lost to the Bears and Bengals, and barely held off a late rally from the Lions. They've looked good, but certainly not elite.

The Colts? Want to talk about a cream puff schedule? Well, these are your guys then. They've only played one team with a winning record. Denver has played three of them already.

Seriously, I don't understand your take at all. Denver is unbeaten and the only team you argue that is more accomplished right now is the Saints, and only by a small margin.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:29 AM

I dont think the saints are really that good in a dome yes it would be hard for someoneto beat them. But outside look at their record and please dont bring up miami there're way to over hyped. Talk about cream puff scheldue look at ur own. We'll see in the next coming weeks like I posted on the other thread how ur boys do when they play good teams.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football