Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 11:28 AM

6,329 posts, read 3,614,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
He looked really good in preseason ball...... But that was a whole different world from what he would face as a starter in the next game.
Actually though, he only had one amazing game, the first pre-season game against the Colts. And then he was pretty terrible in all his other pre-season games. In fact, if he didn't perform the way he did in that first pre season game I don't see how he would even be on the team still.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2013, 06:24 PM

11,240 posts, read 11,017,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Actually though, he only had one amazing game, the first pre-season game against the Colts. And then he was pretty terrible in all his other pre-season games. In fact, if he didn't perform the way he did in that first pre season game I don't see how he would even be on the team still.
Give the kid a break. It's not like he has a bunch of mentorship coming his way on this team. They cut Leinart, Lewis, Jackson, ect... Can Kolb even mentor? Does anyone want him to? The Bills really dropped the ball with the QB situation this year.

So, who do you think will be the Week 6 starter?

Old 10-06-2013, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Give the kid a break. It's not like he has a bunch of mentorship coming his way on this team. They cut Leinart, Lewis, Jackson, ect... Can Kolb even mentor? Does anyone want him to? The Bills really dropped the ball with the QB situation this year.

So, who do you think will be the Week 6 starter?
No idea. I've heard, I believe from Adam Schefter, that the Bills are now open to trading Byrd. Likely in a player for player deal. But I don't think we would trade Byrd for a legit QB prospect since we seem to be high on EJ.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
No idea. I've heard, I believe from Adam Schefter, that the Bills are now open to trading Byrd. Likely in a player for player deal. But I don't think we would trade Byrd for a legit QB prospect since we seem to be high on EJ.
And this is the big issue. We need a QB who can step in for 2-4 weeks and give them a fighting chance, but at the same time it can't be someone who (if by some chance does excellent during this time) creates a QB controversy as well.

Old 10-06-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
And this is the big issue. We need a QB who can step in for 2-4 weeks and give them a fighting chance, but at the same time it can't be someone who (if by some chance does excellent during this time) creates a QB controversy as well.
Yeah. Freeman is a good candidate but he might sign with Oakland or Minnesota since he would not be pushed to the back seat in 4-5 weeks.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:07 PM

Good hard divisional road win today, especially with the current QB situation.

Go Bills!

Old 10-20-2013, 08:16 PM

Can Thad find some Flutie magic and lead us to the playoffs?

Here is how it happens if so.

@NO - L (lose big, worst loss of the year)
vKC - W
@Pit - W
vNYJ - W
vAtl - L (lose a close one similar to the Bengals loss)
@TB - W
@Jax - W
vMia - W
@NE - L

9-7 and possible playoff birth?

Old 10-20-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Can Thad find some Flutie magic and lead us to the playoffs?
Doubt that will happen. If EJ becomes eligible to play, they'll stick him back in to avoid controversy.

Or, is there something I haven't heard about yet?

Old 10-21-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Doubt that will happen. If EJ becomes eligible to play, they'll stick him back in to avoid controversy.

Or, is there something I haven't heard about yet?
No, I would just hate to change things up if we are rolling with Thad.
production

Old 11-02-2013, 06:39 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,194,915 times
On the eve of the Bills facing 3-6 as almost inevitable, it looks like UDFA rookie QB Jeff Tuel will start rather than banged-up UDFA practice squad refugee Thad Lewis. Has any team since the merger ever fielded a QB corps with less chance for success???

I figure the Bills' only chance to beat the Chiefs tomorrow is if KC comes to town already counting this win and the Bills defense goes absolutely crazy and puts Jamal Charles on the bench early, sacks Alex Smith a half dozen times, and forces 5 or more INTs or fumble recoveries ... and returns a couple for TDs.

17 seasons without a playoff win.
13 seasons without a playoff appearance.
9 seasons without a winning seasons.

I AM SO SICK OF LOSING!!!!

The Bills' only hope for regaining respectability and relevance (not to mention actually having a winning season) is when new ownership sends exterminators into the executive suites at One Bills Drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football