Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2012, 04:46 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,771,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
losers find ways to lose. I'm sorry Buffalo, but you fall in the latter catagory. You have done so for the last 12+ years.
it is really painful to be a Bills fan. It has been painful for a long time now
the only losers are the dedicated fans.

Absolutely disgusting.
The past 12 years?

How about the past 50 years?

Buffalo is the biggest losing city in professional sports. Nothing to show for it. No city has suffered like Buffalo has. Four straight Superbowl loses, "No Goal", one frustrating season after another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 04:53 PM

11,256 posts, read 11,028,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
The past 12 years?

How about the past 50 years?

Buffalo is the biggest losing city in professional sports. Nothing to show for it. No city has suffered like Buffalo has. Four straight Superbowl loses, "No Goal", one frustrating season after another.
At least they made it to the "Big Show" 4 times. The Jim Kelly era was a very exciting time to be a Bills fan, and I'm proud to say that even though they never won the Big One, they put their stamp on that decade, and I enjoyed all the good times and memories.

I'm talking about the PURE misery that has existed since the Music City Miracle. No fan deserves this.

Old 10-21-2012, 04:58 PM

Quote:
At least they made it to the "Big Show" 4 times. The Jim Kelly era was a very exciting time to be a Bills fan, and I'm proud to say that even though they never won the Big One, they put their stamp on that decade, and I enjoyed all the good times and memories.

I'm talking about the PURE misery that has existed since the Music City Miracle. No fan deserves this.
In a lot of ways, coming in second hurts more than coming in last. Personally I'd rather be blown out in a game than lose by one. When you come in second four times in a row, that has to hurt. How am I familiar with this? I'm a Laker fan who is familiar with the Laker losses to the celtics [spits to cleanse the mouth] in the 1960s.

Psychologists have shown that bronze medalists are more satisfied than silver medalists. In the former case, they are happy to medal, while the silver medalist failed to win.

Old 10-21-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
In a lot of ways, coming in second hurts more than coming in last. Personally I'd rather be blown out in a game than lose by one.
Here's the difference. Coming in second leaves hope for the future. Coming in last leaves you empty. This is why I'm not a fan of basketball. There are far too many 1 point losses after a good team busts it's ass all game long. Football is different. Winning teams dominate the entire game. They do what they need to do to win.

Buffalo has mastered both arts. Some games they get blown out, and others they find ways to lose by one or two points. I'm sad to say, as of the last 12 years, even when Buffalo has a 3 TD lead I still don't feel comfortable. It's almost worth watching to see what way they will find to blow the game.

Old 10-21-2012, 06:02 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
I don't get it. Where's that vaunted defense?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Football is different. Winning teams dominate the entire game.
This is not always true.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
This is not always true.
Maybe not by the score itself, but when you break the game down and look at the overall statistics such as conversion percentage, time of possession, ect..., this generally holds true. There will always be exceptions to the rule, and it can't be looked at by only one game, but if you look at it consistently from this standpoint, the numbers don't lie.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:47 AM

5,289 posts, read 7,490,863 times
Hi Bills fans... This thread title is boring. Any suggestions for a new thread title name?

Old 10-22-2012, 09:15 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,064,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Hi Bills fans... This thread title is boring. Any suggestions for a new thread title name?
How 'bout something along the lines of that well-known party district...Buckh..., er I mean Polonia?

Old 10-22-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post

How about "The thread of the Los Angeles Bills"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football