Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
The whole season is tainted already. If the Pack misses the playoffs by a single game (and gods help us) da Bears make it in, who knows how that will affect the playoff picture and seeding berths? It would also mean that the Packers wouldn't get a chance to compete despite the league admitting that they should.
look at it positively and realize that you now have a ready-made excuse (that has never, ever occurred in the history of the game) in case the Packers pack it in and lie down 3 games into the season.

Quote:
Which is exactly why the Commissioner won't use his power to overturn the results. There is far too much money at stake that was already paid out once.
well, they could always ask the winners to return their money, makes about as much sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 01:11 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
The whole season is tainted already. If the Pack misses the playoffs by a single game (and gods help us) da Bears make it in, who knows how that will affect the playoff picture and seeding berths? It would also mean that the Packers wouldn't get a chance to compete despite the league admitting that they should.

Which is exactly why the Commissioner won't use his power to overturn the results. There is far too much money at stake that was already paid out once.
Yes, Im sorry I did not mention how this affects your team too. In AZ as well in Seattle our fans are so so fans, we care when we win, but its not the end of the world when we lose. College football is different. But as far as NFL, when the Cards lose, we are done talking about it by Tuesday. Same with Seattle. Probably why Seattle lost the Sonics. In Green Bay, you have rabid fans (much like Oregon Duck Fans). This is a Huge loss in your region. Im going to adopt your team...if I can stand to watch this crap, for the rest of the year. It would REALLY suck if that crybaby Cutler made it to the playoffs ahead of a classy organization such as yours.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:14 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,792,465 times
Quote:

The final number is close to a billion dollars. No chance that game was getting overturned.

Old 09-25-2012, 01:48 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
You guys have short memories. In 1998 the Seahawks were majorly screwed by the REFs when they awarded a TD on the final play of the game to Vinny Testaverde on a QB sneak giving the JETS a much needed win and the Seahawks a devastating loss. Testaverda was easily a foot short of the goal and later on the REFs even admitted that they thought his helmet was the BALL. This was pre Replay.... and the JETS and Seahawks were both in the AFC.

This loss cost the Seahawks a Playoff berth and awarded a playoff berth to the JETS.. Somehow I can see the Football Gods saying, make up call. So now the Packers are due, you never know when they will get their make up call but they will. My point is, EVERY TEAM has been majorly screwed out of a GAME... EVERY TEAM! So the Packers need to SHUT UP, stop whining and get in LINE.. the LONG LINE!

Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,101,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
You guys have short memories. In 1998 the Seahawks were majorly screwed by the REFs when they awarded a TD on the final play of the game to Vinny Testaverde on a QB sneak giving the JETS a much needed win and the Seahawks a devastating loss.
Did Testaverde get that call because the league was playing it uber-cheap and employing blind castoffs from Division III College and the Lingerie League instead of actual NFL referees that are trained for the speed of the NFL game?

That's right.... I didn't think so. Quit comparing apples to oranges. It doesn't make you sound very intelligent, to be perfectly honest.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
You guys have short memories. In 1998 the Seahawks were majorly screwed by the REFs when they awarded a TD on the final play of the game to Vinny Testaverde on a QB sneak giving the JETS a much needed win and the Seahawks a devastating loss. Testaverda was easily a foot short of the goal and later on the REFs even admitted that they thought his helmet was the BALL. This was pre Replay.... and the JETS and Seahawks were both in the AFC.

This loss cost the Seahawks a Playoff berth and awarded a playoff berth to the JETS.. Somehow I can see the Football Gods saying, make up call. So now the Packers are due, you never know when they will get their make up call but they will. My point is, EVERY TEAM has been majorly screwed out of a GAME... EVERY TEAM! So the Packers need to SHUT UP, stop whining and get in LINE.. the LONG LINE!
Nah, I disagree. We now have replay so there is no excuse. Back then a missed call was more acceptable as the only eyes were human. I don't think that every team gets screwed like you say, although I will say that Seattle gets quite a share of the bad calls against them. IE Seattle Vs Steelers in the Superbowl a few years back.

Old 09-25-2012, 02:06 PM

My other favorite team, the home team Cards almost lost in week one because My Seahawks were given an extra time out...you only get 3 and they got 4. Seemed like that lasted 10 minutes. The Seahawks would have run out of time but were able to set up in the Redzone. That went down to the final second.
Hey, maybe the refs are from the Pacific NW

Old 09-25-2012, 02:52 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
And what was he supposed to say? I'm sure if you ask 100 players who should have gotten a penalty and didn't if they did it 100 would say no.
I know. Players never got away with pushing off when the regular refs were around

Old 09-25-2012, 05:05 PM

18,218 posts, read 25,857,597 times
Bugs, like I've said many times, team threads are for team business. It's noted on the second "sticky".

Old 09-25-2012, 05:38 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Interesting....

Scott Walker tweets support of unionized NFL refs | The Ticket - Yahoo! News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football