Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2017, 12:48 PM

14,324 posts, read 14,620,586 times

Advertisements

Rodgers is hot no doubt! It comes down to Packers O line and their defense, O line is healthy and good but Dallas D is pretty stout.

On the other hand, their RB is great, can the Packers D stop him? Load the box, their QB has gotten better and can take advantage of the mash unit secondary Packers have.

It certainly will be an interesting game and I'm not a boasting type fan, like some, game hasn't been played yet. I think Packers have a chance to give Cowboys more of a game then they might be expecting. We'll see!

Just listened to McCarthy, Jordy spent the night in the hospital but is at Lambeau today. If he can practice late this week, he can play. I would say must be bruised rather than fractured ribs, which I read earlier today (and it was strictly speculation)! Hope he can play but offense was clicking without him.

Last edited by susancruzs; 01-09-2017 at 01:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 03:11 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Dallas' defense is solid, but not spectacular. With the way Rodgers is playing it is hard to envision the Cowboys hanging with us. For Dallas to win their gameplan is going to have to involve ball control and the run game heavily to keep Rodgers on the sideline. I think the defense is opportunistic enough to take care of business.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:16 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
Dallas' defense is solid, but not spectacular. With the way Rodgers is playing it is hard to envision the Cowboys hanging with us. For Dallas to win their gameplan is going to have to involve ball control and the run game heavily to keep Rodgers on the sideline. I think the defense is opportunistic enough to take care of business.
Correct.. not spectacular at all.. but that's what ball controls does for your defense.. it limits the other teams offensive opportunities. The Cowboys game plan will be to run the ball 30 plus times and control the clock. It worked at least 13 times this year for the Cowboys.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:31 PM

Yep, you are right and I am concerned about the D line holding up. I thought they might activate DT Pennel but they released him today. He served his 2nd suspension Pack cut him loose, good player but drug issues. Today was the deadline, activate him or cut him, so cut they did.

I listened to Chewey today and he wasn't optimistic. Chmura played for them 7 yrs. in the 90s, TE and he doesn't think they have a 50/50 chance of winning.

I don't know why I'm optimistic, but I am.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:54 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Correct.. not spectacular at all.. but that's what ball controls does for your defense.. it limits the other teams offensive opportunities. The Cowboys game plan will be to run the ball 30 plus times and control the clock. It worked at least 13 times this year for the Cowboys.
The chasm between the regular season and the playoffs is vast. The Cowboys will rely heavily on 2 rookies to get it done, not a good recipe for success.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:02 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
On to Dallas. Dallas' defense has been suspect all year and with as red hot as Rodgers is right now I'm not sure they can stop him. I don't think Dak can keep up a shoot out with Rodgers (hell I'm not sure a QB alive can top Rodgers in a shoot out at the moment).
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
Rodgers is hot no doubt! It comes down to Packers O line and their defense, O line is healthy and good but Dallas D is pretty stout.

On the other hand, their RB is great, can the Packers D stop him? Load the box, their QB has gotten better and can take advantage of the mash unit secondary Packers have.

It certainly will be an interesting game and I'm not a boasting type fan, like some, game hasn't been played yet. I think Packers have a chance to give Cowboys more of a game then they might be expecting. We'll see!

Just listened to McCarthy, Jordy spent the night in the hospital but is at Lambeau today. If he can practice late this week, he can play. I would say must be bruised rather than fractured ribs, which I read earlier today (and it was strictly speculation)! Hope he can play but offense was clicking without him.
susan is right. yes GB has improved, and yes the dallas defense isnt spectacular, but then they dont need to be either. they just need to step up and do their jobs.

the GB defense on the other hand is going to have to stop eliot first, and prescott has grown enough that he will take advantage of that, and throw a lot of short passes to move the chains. he will also open up the GB defense by running the ball himself as well as needed.

yes GB will step up, but so will the cowboys.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:26 PM

The defense held their own with the Giants but it is still a mash unit, players are playing injured and out of position, trying to help rookies, as they say, it is what it is. All teams have injuries, no whining allowed!

Hearing conflicting reports about Jordy, cracked ribs, not, whatever. I think McCarthy is just saying he could play, I highly doubt it.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:56 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,628,754 times
1 down, 3 to go. Taking care of business.

Very low-class behavior by the Giants after the game. Odell Beckham punched a hole in the wall of the dressing room, prompting the Giants' GM to publicly chastise him and tell him to "grow up," and then the team trashed their plane on the flight home - so badly that its next scheduled flight was delayed over 3 hours while maintenance cleaned up alcohol and trash and repaired damage to numerous seats.

Passengers on the next flight were pretty angry about the delay, and said that even when they did board the plane, there was food, alcohol, and chewing tobacco all over the interior. Very trashy behavior.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:20 PM

Out of control, as much as I like McAdoo, I think he is in over his head, not a strong personality to handle the job, players, coaches, etc.! Sad and pathetic situation.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:19 AM

796 posts, read 505,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post

It will be an interesting game. With ARod being so hot, it's hard to say. My Boys have got better and our rookie tandem is more experienced now.

Dallas D will have to make plays and execute enough pass rush. Also time of possession matters a lot with this match up.

It's gonna be hard to stop Zeke. He gonna be hungry since he was rested last game. I'm sure Packers D will load box. If Dak plays like he did in Detroit game with his passes and improved connection to Dez...I like Boys chances. However the Pack D did well against giants for most part. In first half where Pack O struggled, they kept Pack in game until ARod got his groove back. Can't underestimate them. Like u said...well see. Beating the Pack in a playoff game with a red hot ARod will be a great look for Dak and the Boys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football