Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2010, 06:33 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,948,637 times

Advertisements

GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT Game! ! !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 06:46 PM

18,224 posts, read 25,871,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
So you probably remember Superbowl 1 like it was yesterday right? YOu were watching when they wore those brown leather helmets maybe?
Nope, but for the Bronco home games I wear a good old fashioned brown leather helmet I bought twenty some years ago at an estate sale in Colorado Springs! lol Go right into the stadium with it too! If I'm not wearing that, I'm wearing my foam filled Donkeyball horsehead!

I'm 59 going 3, thank you very much!

Old 01-10-2010, 06:50 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
GREAT game!!! WOW.... That kicker really blew it! I"m glad, I'd like to see the Pack win this one.

you mean Mason Crosby right? if he could just have made that FG like so many times during the year the Packers would've won in regulation.

how many times does this team have to lose over the last 2 years b/c the place kicker can't make a kick?

Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
That Cardinal field goal was a chip but that is football. Seen it time and again and we will see it again in the future.

Old 01-10-2010, 06:57 PM

9,091 posts, read 19,231,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
you mean Mason Crosby right? if he could just have made that FG like so many times during the year the Packers would've won in regulation.

how many times does this team have to lose over the last 2 years b/c the place kicker can't make a kick?
that was a long kick that most wouldn't make

how about better clock management at the end of the 1st half instead of settling for a FG with the ball inside of the 10

Old 01-10-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Laker View Post
that was a long kick that most wouldn't make

how about better clock management at the end of the 1st half instead of settling for a FG with the ball inside of the 10
a 52 yarder in dome like conditions isn't asking that much from an NFL kicker, and crosby is supposed to have a strong leg. But he's missed so many FGs, many in the 35-45 yard range as well. It's down right cost the Packers many games over the last 2 years, and my only point is that if he'd hit it for a change the miss by the Cardinals would've been to tie the game instead of win it and the packers would've won the game outright in regulation.

sorry, but asking him to hit one 52 yarder every 8 weeks isn't too much to ask for.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:15 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
Great comeback this year and this game Cheese-fiends but don't be too hard on your QB for the big mistake he made, you probably wouldn't have gotten as far without him...hint, hint. Really sorry the re-re-match won't occur this year.
It's only the second Packers playoff run in a row ended on a turnover in OT.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:19 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,634,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
a 52 yarder in dome like conditions isn't asking that much from an NFL kicker, and crosby is supposed to have a strong leg. But he's missed so many FGs, many in the 35-45 yard range as well. It's down right cost the Packers many games over the last 2 years, and my only point is that if he'd hit it for a change the miss by the Cardinals would've been to tie the game instead of win it and the packers would've won the game outright in regulation.

sorry, but asking him to hit one 52 yarder every 8 weeks isn't too much to ask for.
Yeah, the loss had nothing to do with Rodgers butterfingers. Its all Mason Crosby's fault, lmao!

If Favre would have pulled the exact same thing you would be relentless in blaming him. Rodgers did it and now its the kickers fault. Priceless.

Rodgers is a great qb. He'll get a pass this time. But he better be prepared for the hometown haters to come out if it happens a couple more times in the next few seasons.

Personally, I think he played great. The Cards were just the better team, point blank. Packers were lucky to even get back in it and make it interesting. They'll be better next year and if Favre retires they might win the NFC north.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
It's only the second Packers playoff run in a row ended on a turnover in OT.
you mean the third as brett favre is the only QB in NFL history to have thrown an INT in the OT of a playoff game, twice.

but nice try.

edit: and btw, they completely missed the rediculous facemask call by the cardinals player on what should't have been the last play of the game, esp. poor considering the Harrell call when he was shoved into Warner and was called for roughing the passer, and then there was the helmet to helmet on rodgers that wasn't called earlier. but I digress.

Old 01-10-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
Yeah, the loss had nothing to do with Rodgers butterfingers. Its all Mason Crosby's fault, lmao!
to blame this on Rodgers shows your utter ignorance. they only scored 45 points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football