Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 09:48 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,761,719 times

Advertisements

The Larry Fitzgerald show just took the game from the Packers. Onward on Cardinal fans...I'm pulling for you now that I need a team to root for since my hometown team St. Louis Rams is gone..time to root for the team that used to be in St. Louis. Go Cardinals....I picked you guys against the Steelers in the Super Bowl going into this year's playoff season. Now get past the Panthers or Seahawks....that will be tough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 09:55 PM

469 posts, read 577,152 times
Should that game have even gone to OT? That call on the Hail Mary didn't look like a catch to me. The receiver never really had full possession of the football. Maybe the TV angle was bad, or I have bad eyes, IDK.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:56 PM

5,229 posts, read 4,613,074 times
Default Larry Fitzgerald!

Old 01-16-2016, 10:08 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
Nice game Cardinals. My Chiefs lost so I'm pulling for you guys to win it all!

Old 01-16-2016, 10:44 PM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,400 times
Just got back from the game,so glad to see Larry get the winning TD! It was another nail bitter for sure now bring on the NFC Championship game!

Old 01-16-2016, 10:52 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,689,002 times
This game never should have gone to overtime. Bruce Arians inexplicably passing on 1st down to stop the clock came back to haunt the team. Fortunately they got bailed out by a coin flip.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:18 PM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
Should that game have even gone to OT? That call on the Hail Mary didn't look like a catch to me. The receiver never really had full possession of the football. Maybe the TV angle was bad, or I have bad eyes, IDK.
If that would not have been called a catch, I'd have given up on football. That's my unbiased opinion. Also can't believe that play where the Packers rcvr was spun around in the endzone was not pi.

The Cardinals should be feeling Very fortunate.

Good ending for them in OT, that's for sure. Can't believe how close they came to losing that one. Very lucky, just like the Patriots. One bounce of the ball that went their way in each game.
Quote:
From what they showed on TV, he was bobbling the ball around the whole time. At no point at all did he have both hands on it securely. I could have missed something, or perhaps I don't know the rules as they are in the NFL. I am under the impression that a receiver has to have full possession
The ball landed in his lap. The other guy tried to knock it out, but didn't. The ball did bobble around, while it was resting on his stomach. He secured it before and after the guy tried to knock it out. A catch is a catch is a catch. I'm sick of these stupid possession calls. Oh, and btw, it was ruled a catch. So there is that. But in the end, it doesn't matter anyway. The Cardinals won it fair and square in overtime.

Good games today!

Last edited by McGowdog; 01-16-2016 at 11:35 PM..

Old 01-16-2016, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
If that would not have been called a catch, I'd have given up on football. That's my unbiased opinion.
From what they showed on TV, he was bobbling the ball around the whole time. At no point at all did he have both hands on it securely. I could have missed something, or perhaps I don't know the rules as they are in the NFL. I am under the impression that a receiver has to have full possession

Old 01-16-2016, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The ball landed in his lap. The other guy tried to knock it out, but didn't. The ball did bobble around, while it was resting on his stomach.
Upon further research, you and the refs are definitely correct. Ball never touched the ground. He didn't really have full possession, so to speak, but it's irrelevant as long as it didn't hit the ground. Wrong on my part.

Old 01-16-2016, 11:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Upon further research, you and the refs are definitely correct. Ball never touched the ground. He didn't really have full possession, so to speak, but it's irrelevant as long as it didn't hit the ground. Wrong on my part.
i could have accepted the ruling either way. while i wanted the cards to win, i didnt think there was enough evidence to overturn the call either way on the video evidence. if i were looking at that video as a ref, i would have also called it a catch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football