Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 12:38 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,241,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmontag View Post
Cowher in '09. Only then will I watch their games again.
Is he going to be a possible replacement?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,172 times
I just heard something like that. I don't know if I see it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Is he going to be a possible replacement?

Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM

734 posts, read 2,617,105 times
If there's one thing I've learned, it's in Detroit...ANYTHING is possible. Like Matt Millen becoming team president and CEO with no experience, for example.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:55 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,730,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j760 View Post
Better late than never I suppose right?

This guy should have been fired years ago, he's done nothing to turn that team around for the better.
Wrong, he's done everything to make that team horrid. When it comes to that, Millen has suceeded with flying colors.

To his credit he has made three solid first round picks in Jeff Backus, Ernie Sims, and Roy Williams.

Old 09-24-2008, 05:09 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,056,642 times
I just heard that Matt Millen has joined the Oakland Raiders as General Manager effective tomorrow!

Old 09-24-2008, 05:12 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,241,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I just heard that Matt Millen has joined the Oakland Raiders as General Manager effective tomorrow!
I guess Al Davis will sign anyone huh?

Old 09-24-2008, 05:26 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,234,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Wrong, he's done everything to make that team horrid. When it comes to that, Millen has suceeded with flying colors.

To his credit he has made three solid first round picks in Jeff Backus, Ernie Sims, and Roy Williams.

So then he's done absolutely nothing to make the team better, which is basically what I said. Where do we disagree? lol

Old 09-24-2008, 05:59 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,172 times
how about calvin johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post

Old 09-24-2008, 06:00 PM

734 posts, read 2,617,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I'm assuming this is a joke...

What needs to be done next is to begin trying out Drew Stanton as a starting QB as soon as his thumb is 100% healthy. Give his as much time as you can to see what he's got. Otherwise, they know they need to draft a QB in the 1st round next year. Let Marinelli and staff finish out the year and then can them. No sense in doing so now. They also need to start all of their rookies and second year guys and let them learn on the job. Then do some serious work on finding both O and D linemen who have TALENT. Ultimately what needs to be done is the sale of the team but I know that this is just wishful thinking. I know Rudi Johnson had a decent game last week but San Fran had built up a huge lead by that point and was just giving him the yards to kill time on the clock and seal the victory. They need to scrap any ideas about sticking with him and let Kevin Smith play. He is the future, not a guy on his last legs. Basically what I'm getting at is they need to CLEAN HOUSE and not just stop with Millen. Millen was the first and most important step but it's going to take a lot more jobs and several years to get this team right.

P.S. Jeff Backus and Roy Williams are vastly overrated.

Last edited by jrmontag; 09-24-2008 at 06:11 PM..

Old 09-24-2008, 06:23 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,056,642 times
^^^ Yeah, I was just having a little fun! I do agree with you about the O and D lines, they should start the rebuilding process from the line positions out, Bill Parcels style!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football