Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 07:06 PM

18,217 posts, read 25,861,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Oh yeah.

Coach Schwartz ordered the team back on to the field after the game to "high five" the fans that hung out after the game.

All three of 'em....

Just kidding.

I usually listen to the Lions on satellite radio out here, but not this week as I had a ton of work to do. Instead, I watched the Cardinals lay an egg at home on national TV.

They looked horrible.
All three of 'em!! Great! Seriously, though, I'm glad Schwartz did have have the players do that. The franchise has been down, the city is WAY down. I'm probably way off by base on this, but that gesture might turn out to better than ya think! Do the Lions have it in them to get a couple more wins in their belt by say, the halfway point in the season? I think they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 07:14 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,790,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I'm happy for the Lions. I really wanted them to get a win vs da bears, as I did not want Chicago to be the team to bust the streak. Lions could with 5-6 games this year.
The Lions have some decent talent. If they can beef up their offensive and defensive lines, I could see them being a pretty good team by about 2012, Stafford should be pretty seasoned by then.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:09 PM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,088,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
All three of 'em!! Great! Seriously, though, I'm glad Schwartz did have have the players do that. The franchise has been down, the city is WAY down. I'm probably way off by base on this, but that gesture might turn out to better than ya think! Do the Lions have it in them to get a couple more wins in their belt by say, the halfway point in the season? I think they do.
I thought at first that starting Stafford right away was a huge mistake, but I'm second guessing myself now. If he stays healthy, then he's gonna be quite the QB soon.

Reality check time.

The Lions can win a few more games this season.

They just don't have the "D". Or even a high powered offense to counter giving up so many points per game.

2012 should be the year they go deep into the playoffs.

That would give Coach Shwartz plenty of time (for NFL standards anyway) to build the kind of team he needs to win ball games.

But, this Lions fan has been here before. All of the hope, hype, and forward thinking has historically brought us down with a big crash.

Let's "hope" it's different this time.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 PM

1,814 posts, read 2,498,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Congrats Lions!! I think your "curse" has passed over Lake Erie to the Browns!
Ditto to the Lions, and an offspring of the curse went the opposite direction down several rivers to St. Louis!

Seriously, Detroit is playing hardcore ball every game this year. Props.

And - Detroit hosts Cleveland on 11/22!

Old 01-05-2010, 12:43 PM
YAZ

Another season gone....but we won 2 games!

That's 200% better than last year.

Expect about half of the current team to be gone; most were castaways from other teams anyway. Coach has hinted that there won't be much of a free agent shopping spree for next year. His belief is that good teams are built from the draft. I think he's right.....

It's gonna take a while, folks.

While I understand the need to draft position players to fill immediate needs, I think the Lions should just get the best players available and sort it out later. This team is incredibly lacking in talent.

But remember:

I am not a GM, owner, or coach.

I'm just another schlub posting on a message board.....

Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 PM

But it's a good opinion YAZ. Just a while ago I posted on the Broncos thread that Shanahan got the boot from the Broncos because too many signings were NOT working out. As a result, he got canned. There is merit to doing things the old way.

You're right, it IS gonna take a while.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 AM
YAZ

Quote:
But it's a good opinion YAZ. Just a while ago I posted on the Broncos thread that Shanahan got the boot from the Broncos because too many signings were NOT working out. As a result, he got canned. There is merit to doing things the old way.

You're right, it IS gonna take a while.
Of course, the draft isn't magical either. The Lions drafted the highly touted Charles Rogers out of Michigan State University a few years ago.

Highly touted in Michigan anyway.....

He just got busted again for passing out in a restaurant.....

Old 04-28-2011, 07:24 PM

The Detroit Lions have picked Nick Fairley, defensive tackle out of Auburn as their top pick in the 2011 draft.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:26 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,793,118 times
what a scary D line the Lions have...wow something good about the Lions this is new

Old 04-28-2011, 07:35 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
The Detroit Lions have picked Nick Fairley, defensive tackle out of Auburn as their top pick in the 2011 draft.
There are some issues with Fairley in terms of his character and effort in terms of taking plays off. The guy is big, quick and has a little nasty streak. If he pans out the Lions are going to be damn near impossible to run on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football