Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 04:11 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
espn reported on any florida player that got into trouble. including the former players, and backups who were kicked off the team, which was the case for the majority of these players. I'm sorry they can't be as classy as oklahoma players.

YouTube - Oklahoma's Josh Jarboe Raps It Up ... TheWizofOdds.com

The difference is Stoops gives these guys the boot real quick. (The guy that made this video got kicked off of the team for it.)

Wilson spits on a dude, fires an AK in the air and Meyer gives him a 2nd chance.

I wasn't comparing OU to fu, I'm just sayin for a coach who says good behavior is a must, he don't do **** when his guys get busted.

24 arrests in four years for one team is ****load. I wouldn't try to be defending my coach or squad if it happened @ OU. The SEC seems to love them some thugs. UGA is worse than fu.

OU has cleaned up their program huge since JC and BS took over. fu seems to be getting worse. (in the thug recruiting dept)

OU's guy gets busted and shows up on the cover of SI. Same SI sweeps all the fu crap under the rug.

Oh and I have always hated tebow, guy just seems slimy to me. Always hated mike vick too, we'll see if I bat .1000.

Always liked Colt Boy though, so it really has nothing to do with the teams.

And most of those links you posted were not from ESPN directly, they are just from their SEC blogger Chris Low. ESPN is not reporting any of that **** on TV.

Last edited by nevergoingback; 07-25-2009 at 04:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2009, 05:24 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
The difference is Stoops gives these guys the boot real quick. (The guy that made this video got kicked off of the team for it.)

Wilson spits on a dude, fires an AK in the air and Meyer gives him a 2nd chance.

I wasn't comparing OU to fu, I'm just sayin for a coach who says good behavior is a must, he don't do **** when his guys get busted.

24 arrests in four years for one team is ****load. I wouldn't try to be defending my coach or squad if it happened @ OU. The SEC seems to love them some thugs. UGA is worse than fu.

OU has cleaned up their program huge since JC and BS took over. fu seems to be getting worse. (in the thug recruiting dept)

OU's guy gets busted and shows up on the cover of SI. Same SI sweeps all the fu crap under the rug.

Oh and I have always hated tebow, guy just seems slimy to me. Always hated mike vick too, we'll see if I bat .1000.

Always liked Colt Boy though, so it really has nothing to do with the teams.
your coach? you mean florida's ex defensive coordinator, aka, son of spurrier? as for arrests, players have been kicked off the team. cam newton is a 5 star player that comes to mind, and he wasn't even convicted of anything. keep in mind, these are 19 year old kids. some arrests are for driving on a suspended license. give me a break. the SEC doesn't love thugs, they love crystal footballs. perhaps one day, oklahoma will get another one. you said ESPN never reported on it, yet I posted several links talking about it. now you have changed to SI? which is it? as for tebow being slimy. green is not a very becoming color on you.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:15 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:

Always liked Colt Boy though

*clutches chest* WHAT??????

That's whats great about Texas and OU we HATE each other but can respect each other at the same time. Weird but that's why we have the rivalry in college football.

Old 07-25-2009, 06:43 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
*clutches chest* WHAT??????

That's whats great about Texas and OU we HATE each other but can respect each other at the same time. Weird but that's why we have the rivalry in college football.

hey, I gave props to both bradford and mccoy. I think they are both great players, and much better quarterbacks than tebow. did you see that perfect QB thing they had on ESPN? bradford's mind, mccoy's arm, tebow's heart, and pryor's legs. that would be something.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,291,764 times
Quote:
hey, I gave props to both bradford and mccoy. I think they are both great players, and much better quarterbacks than tebow. did you see that perfect QB thing they had on ESPN? bradford's mind, mccoy's arm, tebow's heart, and pryor's legs. that would be something.

That's fine but your an Gator fan, the McCoy comment came from an OU fan, that means more.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:29 AM

623 posts, read 1,542,831 times
A couple thoughts on the situation/SEC media days/ESPN:

Granted Jesus Tebow lives to broadcast his heavenly deeds to the world, that virginity question was totally out of line.

It's not surprising that newspapers all over the country are failing, and many of the topics presented are proof to me it's about more than advertising revenue losses. All the media could talk about at the beginning of the conference was Lane Kiffin not voting Jesus first team, then what a great person Tebow is. While these idiot sports writers are standing in the unemployment line in a few years after a vast majority of papers go under, they can only blame themselves. Very few football related questions over those 3 days.

Hilarious that Lane brought his ballot for the the Hoover cesspool to see. That was awesome.

ESPN/ABC promotes their interest. In the past, they were all about Big 10, then Big XII and ACC after they inked those conferences to TV deals. Now they have a massive TV deal with the SEC, and shockingly there's increased coverage on the SEC and it tends to be very positive. It's not rocket science.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolDude View Post
A couple thoughts on the situation/SEC media days/ESPN:

Granted Jesus Tebow lives to broadcast his heavenly deeds to the world, that virginity question was totally out of line.

It's not surprising that newspapers all over the country are failing, and many of the topics presented are proof to me it's about more than advertising revenue losses. All the media could talk about at the beginning of the conference was Lane Kiffin not voting Jesus first team, then what a great person Tebow is. While these idiot sports writers are standing in the unemployment line in a few years after a vast majority of papers go under, they can only blame themselves. Very few football related questions over those 3 days.

Hilarious that Lane brought his ballot for the the Hoover cesspool to see. That was awesome.

ESPN/ABC promotes their interest. In the past, they were all about Big 10, then Big XII and ACC after they inked those conferences to TV deals. Now they have a massive TV deal with the SEC, and shockingly there's increased coverage on the SEC and it tends to be very positive. It's not rocket science.
that's cause kiffin is scared. he knows he shot himself in the foot, and that florida is going to hang at least half a hundred on him in the swamp this year. straight outta crompton is going to get sacked 25 times, and if that punk richardson gets on the field, his body will be shipped back to knoxville. don't worry, you only have one more year of jesus. then you will have to face moses, aka, john brantley, who has 3 years under his belt at florida.

Old 07-26-2009, 05:25 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,608,852 times
Quote:
your coach? you mean florida's ex defensive coordinator, aka, son of spurrier?
No way!! Stoops came from Florida?!!

All coaches come from somewhere. I'm pretty sure Stoops has more ex coordinators with HC jobs than most coaches, if not all of them.

Old 07-26-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
No way!! Stoops came from Florida?!!

All coaches come from somewhere. I'm pretty sure Stoops has more ex coordinators with HC jobs than most coaches, if not all of them.
I am not knocking stoops. I have a football autographed by the entire NC team.

Old 07-26-2009, 07:45 PM

623 posts, read 1,542,831 times
Quote:
that's cause kiffin is scared. he knows he shot himself in the foot, and that florida is going to hang at least half a hundred on him in the swamp this year. straight outta crompton is going to get sacked 25 times, and if that punk richardson gets on the field, his body will be shipped back to knoxville. don't worry, you only have one more year of jesus. then you will have to face moses, aka, john brantley, who has 3 years under his belt at florida.
Wow, loosen those jorts man. Unless you're actually the age of your grammatical level, which would put you around 7. Cute story though.

The fear's so thick you can smell it. Fulmer's gone. The days of the Vols being psyched out a week before kickoff are over.

If douchey guys with a gallon of hair gel, jorts, cheap mall kiosk necklaces, and Ed Hardy t-shirts are your definition of scary, yeah, I guess you're correct, Kiffin's scared of UF. Or skanks with black roots and a full Abercrombie wardrobe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football