Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2020, 02:30 PM

2,047 posts, read 1,608,180 times

Advertisements

Chiefs have clinched #1 seed throughout playoffs, 1st round bye, and home field advantage with today’s win over the Falcons. Kelce also sets a new NFL record with highest TE receiving yards in a season at 1,407.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2020, 03:54 PM

796 posts, read 505,652 times
Chiefs always finding a way to win but they did look beatable today. Congrats on them getting #1 seed.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:06 AM

9,509 posts, read 9,830,587 times
Hello Chief fans!!

Two years ago I predicted a match up between the Browns and Chiefs. What a great honor it will be to play in Arrowhead next Sunday! I think it will be one of the most exciting games of the weekend to watch.

The Browns team and the fans all have a lot of respect for Patrick and the rest of the team. I hope that Cleveland can stay healthy (COVID) and play KC with their best players. I doubt if KC would want it any other way.

Old 01-11-2021, 07:06 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,903,988 times
As a chiefs fan, I'm looking forward to this game for sure. Cleveland is a dangerous team. I think it will be a close game.

Old 01-11-2021, 11:34 AM

3,836 posts, read 4,447,228 times
I dunno, on paper the Chiefs should comfortably whip the Browns, but here's something no one really talks about; Mahomes has been fairly average over the second half of the season. Not terrible by any means, but not the destroyer of worlds we saw prior. A bit like Russell Wilson this season as well. Here's to hoping that he shrugs it all off but I wont be surprised if the Browns pull the upset.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:59 AM

2,047 posts, read 1,608,180 times
Chiefs usually kick into a higher gear during the playoffs. This game against the Browns should be a good test of the Chiefs run defense. Spagnuolo had the Chiefs defense ready for the Titans run attack in last season’s AFC champ game, holding Henry to 69 yards rushing.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:14 AM

Sammy Watkins has fired the Browns up just like Ju Ju did last week.

Keep it coming, the Browns love this type of fuel...it's like their Nitro.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I dunno, on paper the Chiefs should comfortably whip the Browns, but here's something no one really talks about; Mahomes has been fairly average over the second half of the season. Not terrible by any means, but not the destroyer of worlds we saw prior. A bit like Russell Wilson this season as well. Here's to hoping that he shrugs it all off but I wont be surprised if the Browns pull the upset.
Everyone agrees on paper the Chiefs are super powerhouse team. You have pro-bowlers on both sides of the ball and are the reining world champs.

But the Browns have nothing to lose and that is dangerous.

Flashback to Jan 7 1996: The Colts, led by quarterback Jim Harbaugh, had to win their last five games just to get into the playoffs at 9-7. The Chiefs had gone 13-3 and were the top seed in the AFC. This was supposed to be an easy win for Kansas City, but it didn’t turn out that way. The Colts intercepted Steve Bono three times in the second half, and Kansas City kicker Lin Elliott missed three field-goal attempts.

Colts 10, Chiefs 7

I know the current version of the Chiefs are way better than the 96 version.

Just remember, there have been some great upsets in the history of the NFL. No mater what happens, I'm sure we will see an entertaining game Sunday.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:54 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,446,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
As a chiefs fan, I'm looking forward to this game for sure. Cleveland is a dangerous team. I think it will be a close game.
Tell that to your fellow Chiefs fans on social media, Sammy Watkins (who doesn't see the Browns as competition) and your friends in the national media (sarcasm). They're saying this game should be a cakewalk for the Chiefs and just focus on Baltimore or Buffalo in the AFC Championship Game, and don't even think about the Browns. Some Chiefs fans were saying that they were glad that they're playing the Browns and not the Ravens because the Browns are an easier match-up. Some people feel that the Browns are gonna have an emotional let down because they beat the Steelers. But, I always say a team that has nothing to lose is more dangerous with a team that has everything to gain.

Old 01-13-2021, 11:56 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,446,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Everyone agrees on paper the Chiefs are super powerhouse team. You have pro-bowlers on both sides of the ball and are the reining world champs.

But the Browns have nothing to lose and that is dangerous.

Flashback to Jan 7 1996: The Colts, led by quarterback Jim Harbaugh, had to win their last five games just to get into the playoffs at 9-7. The Chiefs had gone 13-3 and were the top seed in the AFC. This was supposed to be an easy win for Kansas City, but it didn’t turn out that way. The Colts intercepted Steve Bono three times in the second half, and Kansas City kicker Lin Elliott missed three field-goal attempts.

Colts 10, Chiefs 7

I know the current version of the Chiefs are way better than the 96 version.

Just remember, there have been some great upsets in the history of the NFL. No mater what happens, I'm sure we will see an entertaining game Sunday.
Also, in the 1987 NFC Divisional Playoffs; the lower-seeded Vikings pulled off the upset of the juggernaut 49ers at Candlestick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football