Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 12:16 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,618,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I hope the Redskins don't make another boneheaded decision with their draft picks this year! I hear rumors that they want QB Bradford out of Oklahoma! YIKES...
Skins would rise to the top with that pick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 01:12 PM

1,619 posts, read 2,737,739 times
No way man Buffalo could use Sam Bradford. I like him. Buffalo needs him.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 PM

14,569 posts, read 23,098,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Yikes! Thought that was me for a second!

Broncos have several needs; Offensive guard (both sides), punter, quarterback, a couple kick a** d-linemen would be nice.

Good thread anp83-let's keep it going!
Whoa! Back the train up a bit there.

We only need one guard, and maybe none at all. Chris Kuper is one of the better young guards in the NFL and has the size and strength to play in McDaniel's Iso/power running game. The one that needs to be replaced is Ben Hamilton, who is just broken down and small. Russ Hochstein filled in pretty well for him but he's not a guy you want as your regular starter. Even then, we drafted Seth Olsen last year and he looked impressive in preseason so he may get the starting job.

Punter? Yeah we could use an upgrade there.

Quarterback? More of a luxury pick. Jimmy Clausen would be a great pick but he'd require a first rounder and that can be better spent elsewhere. Tim Tebow would be a nice developmental guy to compete with Brandstater.

You can never have enough D-linemen.

Here is what I want.

Rd 1 - DL or SILB: I'd love to snag Suh, but he'll probably be out of our reach, but McCoy might slide far enough for us to snag him. Failing that I'd take McClain, Cody and Spikes in that order.

Rd 2 - Best C/G:
Pretty simple. Take the best player available at either guard or center, depending on what they do with Olsen.

Rd 3 - Tim Tebow: Decent chance that he slides this far. Let McD develop him like he did with Brady and Cassel.

Rd 4 - Best KR/PR:
I'd like to take that pressure off Eddie Royal and let him focus on being a receiver.

Rd 5 - Best Punter:
No explanation needed.

Rd 6 - D-End: Pick the best 3-4 defensive end still remaining.

Rd 7 - Whatever: Use this pick to grab the best player available.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:18 PM

164 posts, read 985,711 times
The STL Rams need to draft a whole new team. I dont think they could win against a high school team right now.Im sure the popcorn vendors could put a team on the field to beat them at this point. Where do they start with this mess?

Old 01-21-2010, 02:56 PM

18,245 posts, read 25,903,448 times
As usual Bosco55David rules! But the one guard we DO need! Yea, Hamilton needs to hang 'em up. I admire the guy for coming back after being out the one season because of the concussion, I remarked on the Bronco thread that
his play isn't like it used to be, IMO the concussion mindset can affect a persons play. I still feel that way.

Am undecided at center. I still like Casey Wiegmann, he's got some miles on
him though. Am thinking one year left, hopefully a couple.

Yep, didn't think of special teams, other than the punter. Yea, Royal didn't have the season we hoped he would. Running kicks, punts, and being a wide out is a tad much!

Am with ya on Suh! This guy can flat out play!

Old 01-21-2010, 03:08 PM

14,569 posts, read 23,098,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
As usual Bosco55David rules! But the one guard we DO need! Yea, Hamilton needs to hang 'em up. I admire the guy for coming back after being out the one season because of the concussion, I remarked on the Bronco thread that
his play isn't like it used to be, IMO the concussion mindset can affect a persons play. I still feel that way.

Am undecided at center. I still like Casey Wiegmann, he's got some miles on him though. Am thinking one year left, hopefully a couple.
Whether we go guard or center is going to depend on where they slot Olsen. If they stick him at LG then we'll need to draft for center, and vice versa.

Of course I wouldn't be opposed to sticking Olsen at center and then stealing Logan Mankins from the Patriots and using that draft pick somewhere else.

Old 01-21-2010, 05:08 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,070,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Skins would rise to the top with that pick.
Are you being serious? Personally, I'm not that impressed with any of the QBs in this draft especially not in the 1st round. But again, what do I know? NOT MUCH!!

Old 01-21-2010, 06:43 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,618,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Are you being serious? Personally, I'm not that impressed with any of the QBs in this draft especially not in the 1st round. But again, what do I know? NOT MUCH!!
Bradford has proved to be wicked accurate and very smart, needs a decent O-line.

Clausen has a gun.

They're both the best QB prospects coming out that I can remember in recent years.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,415,227 times
I think it would be cool for a poster to grab a team and we could have a mock draft down the line.

I'm a Cards fan, and all our needs are on the D side of the ball.

In the first round, I'd love either McClain or Cody, both from Alabama. We just need size to play the 3-4. We should get Cody Brown back next year, so that will be a big help to our pass rush. I don't know if either of those 2 will be available when we pick, I'll have to watch...and update my picks about 30 times between now and April.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:01 PM

5,143 posts, read 5,415,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Bradford has proved to be wicked accurate and very smart, needs a decent O-line.

Clausen has a gun.

They're both the best QB prospects coming out that I can remember in recent years.
I like Jevan Snead, but then again I also liked Cutler better than Young or Leinart...so that might prove I know nothing about football.

If Clausen and Bradford were gone, and Snead slipped to the Cards I would pick him up in a NY second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football