Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 09:21 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,631,332 times

Advertisements

The game belonged to the Colts until Manning made one of his typical boneheaded decisions and threw the game away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 09:28 PM

3,869 posts, read 4,080,558 times
That's why he is the greatest ever...............right? A general!

Old 02-07-2010, 09:51 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Nothing left but for Trump and his twin to FIRE the boys.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:09 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,228,646 times
Baloney. The Saints outplayed them. A team overlooks the Saints at their own peril.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:17 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Stop. The Saints were just the better team yesterday.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,112 times
No the Colts were 7 points down with the ball in GOD's hands ...I mean Peytons hands and he choked...AGAIN! Dont make excuses for him. He is an average post season QB and the numbers dont lie. The guy CHOKES, deal with it. Just like Favre, he loves to give it to the other team in the post season.

And yes the Saints were a better team, I guess now all the over confident Colts fans can stop acting like the Saints were just an after thought in this game. Kinda like that idiot Dungy. I had a lot of respect for him till his comments about the Colts blowing out that Saints. I am waiting for his rebuttal to that stupid comment! I cant wait to hear him eat crow.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:19 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,537,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
The game belonged to the Colts until Manning made one of his typical boneheaded decisions and threw the game away.
Dumbest thread ever. Seriously, did you even watch the game? The Colts were losing at the time, so it's ridiculous to say that Manning's INT lost the game. It should've never come down to that. The biggest problem (and this was my greatest fear all along) was Brees picking apart our depleted and youngish secondary. Even if Manning hadn't thrown the pick and the Colts had gone on to score the TD, is there any reason to think that Brees wouldn't have been able to drive the Saints down in position for a game-winning FG? Indy's D shouldn't have given anyone such confidence.

All that aside, it appears Manning made a poor decision there. Or maybe Reggie ran the route wrong. I suspect the former. In fact, looking at the replay, had Manning pump faked, I think he could've got Reggie out all alone for a TD.

Oh well. Such is life. This is a team capable of getting back to the Super Bowl.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
No the COlts were 7 points down with the ball in GOD's hands ...I mean Peytons hands and he choked...AGAIN! Dont make excuses for him. He is an average post season QB and the numbers dont lie. The guy CHOKES, deal with it. Just like Favre, he loves to give it to the other team in the post season.
Yes, because Manning is the reason New Orleans scored the other 24 points.

Old 02-08-2010, 06:23 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Yes, because Manning is the reason New Orleans scored the other 24 points.

Nope because the Saints had a really good QB is why. Again Manning had the ball with his offense down by 7...... what did he dow ith his oppurtunity to tie the game?

And lets not go making excuses about a young secondary now, you guys have been riding the Bullit, Lacey, Powers bandwagon for weeks, not that they got toasted they are young? PLEASE! Like you guys said NEXT MAN UP, and DREW BREES rose up!

Old 02-08-2010, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Nope because the Saints had a really good QB is why. Again Manning had the ball with his offense down by 7...... what did he dow ith his oppurtunity to tie the game?

And lets not go making excuses about a young secondary now, you guys have been riding the Bullit, Lacey, Powers bandwagon for weeks, not that they got toasted they are young? PLEASE! Like you guys said NEXT MAN UP, and DREW BREES rose up!
Did I not say that they got picked apart by Brees? Selectively read much?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football