Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 12:23 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

General Electric FUF20SURWW upright freezer

Rating: 3 out of 5
  • Currently 3.0/5.0

I bought a General Electric FUF20SURWW upright freezer approximately five years ago and have been very satisfied with its performance. I chose an upright freezer as I have had a chest freezer before but found it difficult to organize. The older food tended to be forgotten at the bottom of the freezer when it was full. With an upright freezer, there are numerous shelves plus space saving storage in the door for smaller items to freeze. It is easy to organize your food and to see what is in the freezer at a glance. I find that an upright freezer holds just as much, or more than a chest freezer of equal size.

I love the size at 20.3 cubic-foot capacity and the fact that it can hold and freeze quite an amount of food. It is very convenient and it is automatic defrost. The door has five shelves, and a shelf that is made to hold cans of juice without falling out when you open the door. The main compartment has five shelves and a storage basket with a wire front at the bottom. This model of General Electric freezer also comes with a lock and key so that you can keep your children and your food safe. The warranty on a new freezer is for one-year and includes parts and labor.

What I don't care for with this freezer is that only one of the shelves in the main compartment is adjustable. If you happen to accidentally leave the door open, even for a short period of time, the frost quickly builds up on the inside and the only way to get rid of it is to defrost the freezer. Although I don't think this issue is exclusive to this brand of freezer, it is time consuming to fix the situation. You can load up the freezer with lots of food, but you can't do it all at once. The freezer will not work to maximum capacity when it is loaded with unfrozen food. It is best to add food to freeze in smaller quantities, let it freeze, and then add some more. The freezer is also a bit of a pig on energy - it is not very energy efficient and in the day and age, all appliances should be. It also only comes in white.

The price for the General Electric FUF20SURWW upright freezer is approximately $720.00 and up.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews