Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 12:04 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

2008 Kia Sedona Base Model

Rating: 5 out of 5
  • Currently 5.0/5.0

Although I always vowed I would never be a van driver because of the whole "soccer mom" stigma, two years ago, I found I had no choice--I already had two children and was pregnant with twins! After an extensive online search followed by a series of test drives, my search was narrowed down to the Kia Sedona, the Toyota Sienna and the Hyundai Entourage. I liked the features of all three, but had to rule out the Toyota as the price was significantly higher. However, there was really no difference between the Kia and the Hyundai except that the model available at Kia had a tow bar package included--a must-have for towing our little boat.

I bought the Kia Sedona four-door basic model; it has a 244 horse power 3.8-liter V6 engine and a five speed automatic transmission with a manual shift option. For some, this vehicle may be a little sluggish, but I love the smooth, steady pull of the engine as I think it encourages more patience and ultimately, better driving.

The exterior of the Sedona is fairly plain, but I was more concerned with the functionality of the interior of my van. I needed sufficient room for a family of six plus all the gear that goes with us. The layout of the seats and accessibility is perfect for us--the big kids get the back seat and the twins have the middle seats so I can easily get them in and out of their car seats. We have more than enough leg and head room in the front and there is ample room in the trunk for our luggage, the double jogging stroller and all the baby equipment we need to take with us when we go away for a few days. And if we need to go away for longer, there is a roof rack for extra carrying capacity.

My final criteria for my selection were safety and reliability. The Sedona has front, side and rear airbags, traction control and ABS as well as brake assist and the crash test safety results from tests carried out by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration were all good; however, rollover was not tested. As for reliability, with a 10 year/10,000 mile warranty in with the price, I had no cause for concern. Two years later, I still have no complaints and for the MSRP of $21,065, this vehicle is excellent value for money.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2011, 09:25 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,587,680 times
Are you paid to review this? Kia is the worst car I ever had. unsafe and would not want to drive it on freeway, its like a piece of tin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews