Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2011, 12:49 PM

2,186 posts, read 8,600,727 times

Advertisements

Kettler Coach LS Rowing Machine*

kettler-coach-ls-rowing-machine photo
Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

When I made the decision to make myself a bit fitter and purchase a rowing machine, the idea struck a cord with the rest of the family, who voiced their intentions to join with me in a health kick, so this played a part in my choice of equipment.* I discovered that Kettler were a reliable manufacturer, established back in 1949 and operating in the UK for 20 years.*
My eventual selection was for the Kettler Coach LS machine, as it ticked all the boxes my research had highlighted as crucial requirements.* For example: It has a well finished, all metal construction, with aluminium seat rail and no flexing in any part of its frame when taking weight.* There is no jerkiness in movement and it gives very good oar grip, even after excessive sweating.*
The rower is popular in gym's, so I was able to check it out initially and found that it was ideal for myself, as it had a smooth feel to it and more importantly it was extremely comfortable.* This was an absolute requirement, as I have had problems with my lower back in the past and the wrong choice could have aggravated it.*** *
It has an impressive streamlined look and a liner guide rail for the roller to give an almost silent operation, and it folds up to allow easy storage.* The machine came with a chest belt which is set to ECG precision, a safety device imperative when undertaking any strenuous activity. *
The beauty about rowing machines is that it is a relatively cheap way of keeping fit and the Kettler Coach's price of $995 was a good buy and stood comparison against competitors such as Bremshey, Tunturi and York.* The nearest I could find to it was the Nordic Track RX1000 rower, which was pretty much the same cost, but was not so pleasing on the eye, and also slightly less comfortable.* I am more than happy with my piece of equipment and the family are getting used to my slimline look!*

Review by professional reviewer, Sep. 1, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews