Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 02:36 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,602,632 times

Advertisements

Samsung 26.0 cu ft side by side refrigerator (RS261MD)

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

I can't say no to my mom whenever she request something and during her last birthday when I spent a month vacation with them she asked me if I could replace our old refrigerator because it's too loud and it uses too much electricity.
Mother's request is granted and to my surprise she didn't choose her favorite appliance instead she asked me to pay for the Samsung 26.0 cu. ft. side by side refrigerator. At a glance I like the style of the refrigerator and when I checked the interior lay-out of shelves I found it perfect for easy storage and organizing the food from dairy, vegetables, meat, milk, juice and snacks. It is Energy Star qualified so I bought it every body at home is happy to see it and the price is more or less $ 900 competitive compared to other brands.
I love the separate digital temperature control for the freezer and the refrigerator itself outside the door and I don't need to open it to check if the temperature is set properly. The negative part of it is, my niece and my nephew tend to play with the temperature control because they are attracted with the blue led light. Same with the ice dispenser set-up outside the door, it is convenient but the kids love to play with it. I constantly remind the kids to stop playing with the temperature control and the ice dispenser. Plus I need to push the ice dispenser all the way to dispense ice. I use my hand in pushing the dispenser so I won't make a mess the ice tends to jump out of the glass.
Samsung Refrigerator uses an advance technology freezing system- freezer power and based on my observation the temperature I set on the freezer remain steady while the freshness of my food in the crisper seems to be longer compared to our old refrigerator. It's probably because of the freshness feature with 2-humidity control crispers.
I also like the pizza storage and snack bin. I normally have a problem of finding a place for the pizza and other snacks in the refrigerator. With our new Samsung ref, food is more organized.
One more thing, the operation is quiet compared to the old refrigerator we have. Mom is very happy and I am also happy with the purchase. Although mom needs to watch the kids or else they will play with the ice dispenser all day. That's the only negative I observed but over-all the refrigerator is a good buy for the family.

By: Marivic Cabural

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 20, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews