Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2011, 09:50 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,535,274 times

Advertisements

Sub-Zero Pro 48

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

When the kids left for college, I decided to open my own catering business. I love to cook and have entertained quite a bit. This would give me the chance to make use of my talent and also help finance the kids' college educations. The only downfall was the size of my kitchen and the age of my appliances. I began to envision what I would do if I could remodel and cruised the internet for ideas.

Three years ago my husband came home from work and announced he had been promoted to vice president and there was a substantial raise to go with it. That night I shared with him my idea of remodeling the kitchen so I could start a catering business. He was in agreement and suggested we talk to a contractor who went to church with us.

After sitting down with the contractor to sketch out ideas, I told him one of the things I needed was room for a large refrigerator. I remembered hearing about a Sub-Zero mentioned while watching Sleepless in Seattle years ago, so I researched the products and then visited a local appliance store that sold them.

I fell in love with the Sub-Zero Pro 48 the minute I saw it in the showroom. It would offer my kitchen a professional look, as well as plenty of storage space. I chose the optional glass door because it allowed quick inventory without having to open the door and clients would be able to easily see how clean I kept my refrigerator without the need of asking to look inside.

I like the fact the drawers are on the outside so I can put produce in and take it out while exposing only a small area to the kitchen's warmer temperature. I also allows me to set the refrigerator at 33 when needed and not worry about freezing fruits and vegetables because the produce storage drawers are totally separate.

The electronic controls are easy to understand and operate. There is also a reminder when the water filter needs to be changed. The ice maker has a large ice bucket and I seldom find myself low. The stainless steel interior is very easy to keep clean.

The only thing I regret is I didn't have the Sub-Zero Pro 48 while the boys were growing up. I could have made better use of Costco.

Review by professional reviewer, Oct. 2, 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews