Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 AM

2,186 posts, read 8,609,472 times

Advertisements

Mr. Coffee 12-Cup Switch, White VB12

Rating: 4 out of 5
  • Currently 4.0/5.0

This simple but reliable coffee maker proves you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a good product. I bought this coffee maker in a mad dash when the other one I had had for years finally died on me, and I had to run to the store to get a new one before guests came over. I hated to make such a quick decision on a purchase, but I have used Mr. Coffees for years and figure you can't go wrong with them.

This coffee maker is not fancy, but still has some neat features. One of the best is a removable filter basket that enables you to dispose of coffee grounds easily. I put a coffee filter inside the basket, and when I am done making coffee, I just pull the basket out and dump the grounds in the trash. It is also easy to clean. There is an on/off switch that lights up when the coffee maker is on, and a cord storage area in back of the maker. My favorite feature, however, is the brew and pause feature that lets you pour coffee while it is still brewing. The coffee maker can be adapted to use with a water filtration system, even though I have not done that yet. It comes in white, with a glass decanter, and is compact--good for a small kitchen.

The only reason this Mr. Coffee doesn't get a 5 rating, is that the warming plate does not keep the coffee hot for very long, at least in my experience. You have to drink the pot quickly or find yourself nuking it in the microwave. That won't bother you if you are serving coffee to dinner guests, but if you are drinking by yourself, the coffee may be a bit lukewarm on your second or third cup.

Review by professional reviewer, Aug. 25, 2011
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews