Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 11:37 AM

448 posts, read 1,055,021 times

Advertisements

i went looking for a coffee maker after my old one died . so i looked and the black&decker 1050B. it's a 12 cup programable machine and for $ 20.00 you couldn't go wrong as the mr. coffee was $ 10 dollars more and it only had a one year warranty verses the two year on the black&decker. trouble started after six months of ownership the hot plate cracked open. so i called and explained the situation and they took my info and shiped another one out to me no cost to me. so i wait a week and i get it and open it up set it up and use it works fine for about a month then again the same thing happens the hot plate cracks so i'm pissed and i call em back again and they pull up my info again after i explain the situation again saying i didn't know if they were having manufacturing defects in the product or what. so they offered to send me another 1050B maker again or a CM5050B so i took the cm5050 cause at that point i didn't want to chance my familes life or my house burning down . so far the CM5050 is working fine and it's a great machine. steer clear of the 1050B maker as it has serious issues with the warming plate cracking. and there TWO year warranty is crap the most they will replace it is 2 times. and they say best value um yea right. i'll probily steer clear of them next time i'm shopping. i hope no one got one of these for christmas as my experiance with em is very problamatic as id'e hate to see someones home burn down from one of these POS
Attached Thumbnails
black&decker coffee maker sucks-1.jpg   black&decker coffee maker sucks-2.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2012, 10:46 PM

51 posts, read 219,697 times
I have two of the CM1050B coffee makers - one for those of us who drink flavored coffees and one for those who don't. The first one was purchased maybe six months ago and hasn't caused any problems. The second one was bought maybe a month ago and hasn't caused a problem. The first one is only on for one hour per day, but the other one is on for several hours per day, so we'll see what happens as that may make a difference.

Even though both coffee makers are the same model number, there is a slight difference between them. The digital clock numbers are fuzzier on the first one and are more sharper (less fuzzy) on the second one.

Thanks for the review ganto_2010. I've never had a hot plate crack, but I'll make sure to periodically check these as there could be a manufacturing defect.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,666 times
I had two Black & Decker coffee makers but they died within a year each. The second one had a delay system that stopped working after a couple of months. I bought a Mr. Coffee coffee maker a couple of years ago and it's wonderful.

I don't know about specific models but after what happened I don't think I'll choose Black & Decker again.

Old 02-11-2012, 12:52 PM

your welcome blublu. just looking out for people as thats a fire hazard!! i don't want to see anyones home burn down. they did replace my 1050b with a cm5050 it's been doing great . but i won't buy another one 3 pots in a year. and the rep told me that was the last time they would replace it so they DO NOT back there SO CALLED 2 year warranty. so i will spend my money on another company if this one breaks down!!

Old 02-11-2012, 12:57 PM

i agree with you DFWgal i ran mine for 7 hours a day and thats what i got was a cracked burner on both of my pots. and after they upgraded me to the cm5050 the rep said it was the last time they would replace it grrrr. so don't be fooled when they say 2 year warranty. i myself like mr coffee better. so i got what i paid for rubbish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews