Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is In-N-Out Burger Overrated?
YES! I have no idea what the fuss is about. 109 45.61%
NO! Their food is the best fast food in the land. 81 33.89%
A hare, but a hare only 49 20.50%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 11:04 AM

3,198 posts, read 12,715,827 times

Advertisements

A few points for thought:

-Some folks here think this thread was about "bashing" SoCal culture? I actually have generally eaten at I-N-O in Phoenix metro or Las Vegas, not even in SoCal. I actually really like SoCal. I am SOLELY talking about fast food here, nothing more deep.

-I really just find places like Wendy's or Carl's Jr. to be just as good as I-N-O. Not significantly better. Not significantly worse. I actually prefer Whattaburger.

The bottom line is I actually don't dislike I-N-O whatsoever, and in fact am fine with them. Their food is decent burger-fry type fast food. I just don't get quite the hype over them...it just doesn't seem all that much better than some other burger-fry fast food places.

So...nothing personal going on here Californians. Just a fast-food-only discussion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 11:45 AM

24,474 posts, read 26,008,272 times
Good point EnjoyEP.

Another thread on this topic in another CD forum was started yesterday and was moved to the Food and Drink forum. This one should be moved there too.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 PM

1,576 posts, read 6,350,846 times
YES, it is overrated!!! I lived out west for a couple of years and I was amazed at how crazy everyone was for In-N-Out. I think the food is good in a greasy way and it definitely has an "event" feel to it with the dozen plus mimimum wage employees swirling around in barely controlled chaos behind the counter. But I don't crave it like so many people do.

Now Chik-Fil-A (which is everywhere here in metro Atlanta)...that is another story. Chik-Fil-A merits the hype!!!

Old 01-28-2008, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goozer View Post
YES, it is overrated!!! I lived out west for a couple of years and I was amazed at how crazy everyone was for In-N-Out. I think the food is good in a greasy way and it definitely has an "event" feel to it with the dozen plus mimimum wage employees swirling around in barely controlled chaos behind the counter. But I don't crave it like so many people do.

Now Chik-Fil-A (which is everywhere here in metro Atlanta)...that is another story. Chik-Fil-A merits the hype!!!

See....and this is kind of my point too...I don't quite get the whole Chik-Fil-A thing either! I mean, it is good enough. I just don't get how so many folks just love CFA either!

I really like fast food as a fun occasional option, but maybe I just personally don't get all too excited by any fast food in particular. Maybe it is just me admittedly.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:29 PM

1,510 posts, read 5,067,803 times
Quote:
Chick-Fil-A exists outside Atlanta, fyi. But I know its started in GA. And yes I agree, I LOVE Chick-Fil-A. One of my fav. fast food places.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:34 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oc2eire View Post
In-N-Out always makes their food fresh, you're lying
You caught me, I have a personal vendetta to bring the entire coporation.

Old 01-28-2008, 12:37 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goozer View Post
In-n-out burger employees do not make minimum wage-- that's part of what makes the place so special. I believe the starting pay there is something like $9.00 /hr.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:07 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,931,790 times
17 yrs ago IN N OUT in So Cal was a like a 10x12 ft bldg.Half a dozen guys busting butt. The guy at the grill was working the patties in precision manner and they were cooked for so many seconds that left them a little rare on the inside. Today, they have to be cooked a little longer by Health Dept stndards. On to today. Over a year ago the last time I visited one in SD county, there were girls working. (I'm not prejudiced after all my mother was one).Problem as I saw it was that a girl was on the grill and not to happy with her job as she appeared. Bottom line, my patties were burnt and my friend had a lonnnng hair (could be girls) in his french fries. WE have not been back since. Stefhen

Old 01-28-2008, 01:43 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,321,054 times
You haven't lived until you had a chicken biscuit from Chick Fil A. Truly unbelievable.

As far as burgers, Kopps in Milwaukee has the best burgers in the land. I haven't tried In-and-Out and I'm sure it's good, but seriously Kopps burgers are the best hands down. One Kopps burger will keep you full for half a day. Solly's, home of the butter burger, is another place in Milwaukee that will knock your socks off and make you slap your mother.

Hell, I'll just go out and say it--if there is a burger capital of the country, it would be Milwaukee, Wisconsin!

Old 01-28-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-to-west View Post
As far as burgers, Kopps in Milwaukee has the best burgers in the land. I haven't tried In-and-Out and I'm sure it's good, but seriously Kopps burgers are the best hands down. One Kopps burger will keep you full for half a day. Solly's, home of the butter burger, is another place in Milwaukee that will knock your socks off and make you slap your mother.

Hell, I'll just go out and say it--if there is a burger capital of the country, it would be Milwaukee, Wisconsin!
Maybe that is why I just am not as big on I-N-O, having lived for such a good chunk of my life in the Milwaukee area. I am perhaps spoiled by the abundance of just outstanding burgers here in this area, and frankly, a Kopps burger just demolishes an I-N-O burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Shopping and Consumer Products > Product Reviews