Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 12:27 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times

Advertisements

I'm so sorry you feel that way, but there is so much else to live for. Relationships are glorified in society but don't forget about everything else in the world. Also, keep in mind that a lot of unattractive people have boyfriends/girlfriends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2012, 02:53 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,411,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrainOfSalt View Post
Trust me, your physical appearance is NOT the problem, nor is your financial status.

It's your attitude. It downright sucks.
It's okay for him to reject all ugly ladies, but if they were to do the same to him (and do it first), she'd probably not only be considered ugly, but a b___ as well.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:05 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Plastic surgery? Hard to believe that you would contemplate ending your life because of something that can be changed. Other, deeper problems must exist.

Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,050,869 times
Learn to play the guitar and start a band - it's worked for countless musicians! I mean - have you really looked at some of the famous rock stars.... and their gorgeous supermodel girlfriends and wives? But even where I am from, the local musicians (unknowns, starving artist types) are lucky with the ladies.

Seriously, though - if you focus less on your outward appearance and start DOING more with your mind and talents, at some point a woman will find you appealing and worth her time. No woman that I know, including myself, finds insecurity and desperation sexy or attractive. Even physically attractive people become hugely UNattractive when they exhibit a lack of talent, social ability, lack of intelligence, lack of compassion, thoughtfulness, too much of an ego or too body conscious, etc.

Develop yourself, and your looks won't matter. Your mind, your heart, your efforts, the things you DO, etc. Those are the things that ultimately attract the right kind of partners in life.

Old 12-23-2012, 10:34 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,099,782 times
yeah I can't really believe the "I can't afford plastic surgery" claim. It's not THAT expensive. Save up, man! Or go back to college/grad school or better yet get some more actual skills at a community college or technical school to get a better income, then get surgery

also, go to the gym

Old 12-23-2012, 11:30 AM

742 posts, read 678,678 times
TBH even average to pretty considered people feel how you are feeling. The internet, "behind the screen" can give people more harsh judgement(minus the obvious trolls) in opinion because of being non face to face could be what you are experiencing.
Other factors;
-There's more men on dating sites, chances are because of the larger selection of people you're going ignored or treated more harsh.
-You may be connecting with the person but is it only because of their looks? If so there's part of the problem.

Old 12-25-2012, 03:45 AM

7 posts, read 7,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
This isn't mean to be a ploy for sympathy, but I am woefully ugly.

I have tried time and time again. I used to love connecting with people online. There was often a real spark there until they saw my pic.

Why should I continue to live with such an obstacle? I don't blame people for cutting me off as they are only human, but I am only human too. There was one chick recently who I really gelled with, but as soon as she got my pic, that was the end of it.

So while I accept the Darwinistic crap that life just isn't fair, I really want to just end my life. Why can't people in my situation at least have the right to die as painlessly as possible, without having to resort to actually committing suicide? All the self help and Jesus crap doesn't help people in my situation. I cannot afford therapy and therapy wouldn't help anyway. I cannot afford plastic surgery either. I'm already past my expiration date and feel that most of today's women would just see me as an "eww creeper".

I only ever wanted to just gel with people and connect with others like anyone else would. It's human nature. Euthanasia should be allowed for people in my situation. Some in my situation turn to rage and take it out on others. I wonder how many of those people could have been helped by the option of euthanasia and how many innocent lives could have been saved.
Have you read Edmond Rostand’s “Cyrano de Bergerac”? Inner beauty is very sexy and appealing to many women. They might not understand it right away just like in the book but if you think outside of the box you can get someone interested in yourself by letting to know you better before they see you. Also maybe finding a very nice photographer can help you to look your best on the picture? Have you tried to look in the mirror every day to focus on something attractive in your face? They say: “You can give up or you can get up!” Your success depends on which way you will choose to go. May God help you to see yourself as a beautiful person!

Old 01-11-2013, 10:26 AM

192 posts, read 348,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Freak View Post
But I don't want to give an ugly lady a chance just because society says that I must. People are not forced to date you.
I hope you run into Tony Robbins in an elevator. You need it. Poor girls. Not even the ugly will give them a chance...

Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 AM

823 posts, read 1,974,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post

Also get a kick out of people like Ray Charles, who though totally blind, insisted on only being with gorgeous women. It must be more about status than actual appearance in this case.
Well, since he was blind, I guess he wanted women with soft skins. And women with soft skins tend to be pretty.

(I mean oily, dry, hairy skins on a woman's face aint something regarded as pretty)

Old 01-11-2013, 12:37 PM

4,507 posts, read 4,046,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardener34 View Post
Are you physically fit? Being physically fit and healthy (including mentally healthy) looking goes a long way.
All you really need is to be thin and the rest is personality. That is what I would consider bare bone requirements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology