Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 01:08 AM

176 posts, read 521,460 times

Advertisements

A quirk that bother me is when someone feels unjustified superior to others, such as someone who thinks, for example that all WalMart shoppers are less than themselves. Not mentioning the OP's name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 10:37 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,234,269 times
There's stuff on City Date. Example someone who is going through a difficult time, lost their job and can't find work,
is lonely and just wants a pat on the back, has or had horrific or terrible problems with their parents or spouse,
you know what I mean. Then comes the poster who will say something like " I never had that problem,
maybe you made some terrible choices, it's your fault, I'm so fortunate. Well, that's wonderful that people
are doing and feeling well but on those certain posts..... I think we should be a little more sensitive
and supportive rather than saying "I never had that problem," because it seems callous.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:54 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,659,113 times
My latest is probably none of my business but it still annoys me to be around a person who constantly has their nose stuck in their phone. I realize it is the latest thing but just feels wrong to be in a room full of people and the whole time be sitting there all hunched over doing whatever they do on their phones.
My daughter has a friend who does this, I will be there to see my grandchildren and end up babysitting the women's children because her main interest is not what's going on in the room but what's going on with the phone.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:56 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,523,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
My latest is probably none of my business but it still annoys me to be around a person who constantly has their nose stuck in their phone. I realize it is the latest thing but just feels wrong to be in a room full of people and the whole time be sitting there all hunched over doing whatever they do on their phones.
My daughter has a friend who does this, I will be there to see my grandchildren and end up babysitting the women's children because her main interest is not what's going on in the room but what's going on with the phone.
Easy solution - don't babysit her kids.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:56 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,004,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
There's stuff on City Date. Example someone who is going through a difficult time, lost their job and can't find work,
is lonely and just wants a pat on the back, has or had horrific or terrible problems with their parents or spouse,
you know what I mean. Then comes the poster who will say something like " I never had that problem,
maybe you made some terrible choices, it's your fault, I'm so fortunate. Well, that's wonderful that people
are doing and feeling well but on those certain posts..... I think we should be a little more sensitive
and supportive rather than saying "I never had that problem," because it seems callous.
It IS callous. Sometimes I want to tell those cold, snobby folks, "Wait your turn, sweetie. Life will deal YOU some hard blows, too."

Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,234,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
It IS callous. Sometimes I want to tell those cold, snobby folks, "Wait your turn, sweetie. Life will deal YOU some hard blows, too."
Me too but those type of people just don't get it unless.....something tragic happens to them.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:07 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,500,209 times
With my ADD/ADHD people that take over 45 seconds to make a point.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:09 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,004,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
Me too but those type of people just don't get it unless.....something tragic happens to them.
Exactly

Old 08-30-2013, 09:09 AM

588 posts, read 958,289 times
People who drive right on my bumper in a school zone like I'm going to slow... I mean, it is a school zone. On that same note, police officers who speed in a school zone, as if they're above the law. It doesn't matter who runs over a child; even if an officer hits him/her, the child will be hurt.

Old 08-30-2013, 10:59 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,922,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
With my ADD/ADHD people that take over 45 seconds to make a point.
Haha! I don't even have ADHD, but I'm always getting impatient with people (on the inside of course) thinking "make your freakin' point!" I tend to believe in economy of speech. With the written or typed word, I'll get wordy, but no one's forced to read it. But when you're talking and not cutting to the chase, or you're using "pregnant pauses" it's infuriating. Spit it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology