Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2013, 11:38 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,990,850 times

Advertisements

My God how many arguments are going on in this thread?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 08:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,167,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
well aren't you just the clever lil one....feel better now?
I always feel great. It's fun to be me!

Old 09-27-2013, 12:39 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,316,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
My God how many arguments are going on in this thread?
Good question Sugah Ray!!!..seems it's turned into a "I feel good" thread.

Old 09-27-2013, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Wayward: As in your abandoned cart not moving in the intended direction and into my car instead.
Behaving in ways not socially acceptable.....like leaving your cart where it doesn't belong.

And....as far as seeing your cart before I park.....what if I am already in the store when you abandon your cart and it rolls into my car?

Critical thinking.....if you are capable.....you should try it.
You are ASSUMING that abandoned carts will roll....not everyone (amazing I know) leaves a cart where it will roll into another car....I love behaving in "not socially acceptable" ways, and I love that in other people as well.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:00 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,083,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
You are ASSUMING that abandoned carts will roll....not everyone (amazing I know) leaves a cart where it will roll into another car....I love behaving in "not socially acceptable" ways, and I love that in other people as well.
Knock yourself out......as long as you don't harm others, or their property, doing it.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:32 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,167,300 times
Quote:
Knock yourself out......as long as you don't harm others, or their property, doing it.
Right - if it feels good, do it. But when another person's "feel good" harms others or their property, we've got a problem.

Unfortunately, "wayward" shopping carts can damage other's property long after the person who didn't think it feels good to return it to the corral has gone on down the road.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:29 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,466,674 times
I'm jumping on the bandwagon of the people who are REALLY annoyed when people just load up their cars and abandon the carts (out of the way of them backing up, of course). My blood literally boils and 3 out of 4 times I say something.

The ones that particularly burn me though are those people in the high heels, expensive SUV's, cell phone clamped to their ears that have parked with their properly tagged car in a Handicap spot (?!?!) and then leave the cart they've just unloaded in such a way that it's blocking the handicap spot for the next user!

What is wrong with people?! Some elderly person may want to use that spot. Some person with a real disability needs that spot. So inconsiderate. They deserve public shaming.

Old 09-29-2013, 05:45 PM

20 posts, read 44,738 times
I thought I was the only one with this pet peeve. It's just people being lazy and entitled. STOP IT!

Old 09-29-2013, 10:28 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,534,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
I've never been able to wrap my head around this. You go out to a grocery store, etc. and inevitably you will find shopping carts in the grass at the edge of the lots, on curbs, even in the middle parking spots. Yet, there are always "cart corrals" (or whatever you call them) that are nearby. It only takes a minimal effort to put the cart away properly once you have loaded your vehicle.

So what makes people feel that they are entitled to leave their cart where ever they please? That it is beneath them to take 10 seconds and put it away properly?

I've noticed that the biggest offenders seem to be Wal-Mart shoppers. I can't help but notice that, on average, there are many more carts abandoned throughout the parking lot at Wal-Marts than any other stores. So maybe it has something to do with poor people don't respect themselves, so therefore they don't respect others?

But does anyone here do this? Leave the carts in the middle of a parking spot when a corral is just a few feet away? Can you please let me know what goes through your mind so that I can understand how you came to be such an awful person?
I've done it. Children. When you have tiny ones & a crying baby or tantruming toddler, you don't want to leave them in the car alone for safety reasons while you find the shopping cart rack thingy. And toddlers inevitably tantrum at the grocery store. But you also can't handle carrying multiple children to replace the cart and then walk back to the car. Especially in the rain. I don't always do it, but will if it's my only reasonable option.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
yes mommy!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology