Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 12:54 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,801,597 times

Advertisements

I find most of my dreams take place in a totally unfamiliar place, often an unknown location, or else in what I take for granted as a real location in the dream world, say my house, school, university, or a far off country. The locations are often bizarre, for instance buildings that would not exist in the real world. For instance, I’ve had dreams that the world was small enough that I could paddle across it from continent to continent and I could see say Asia from Africa, or that there were elevations going up to space. The elevation dream was before, I am quite sure, I learned of the idea from others.

The people in my dreams are a mix of people I know in the real world – sometimes strange altered in personality, behavior or even appearance – and people my imagination conjures up. I sometimes wonder if the dream world really is a parallel universe, or like an astral realm. I once dreamed that I went through the centre of the world and ended up in Bermuda, the exact antipode of Perth.

So what about you. Do most of your dreams take place in the real world? If not what are some common environments?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 01:46 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Well, I have lucid dreams so they are in real world places.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkmani View Post
Well, I have lucid dreams so they are in real world places.
Why must lucid dreams take place in real world places?

Old 09-14-2013, 02:44 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Now that u mention it...I have many about ETs.
Like watching a sci fy movie.
But, mostly here...earthly dreams...flying around a lot...astral projecting.
I'm going today for a discussion/teaching on soul travel and lucid dreaming...
some exercises to be more conscious in dreams.
It is Eckankar based, but I am not involved with them or their beliefs on many things.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:13 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,323,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Why must lucid dreams take place in real world places?
Because I control it that way...

Old 09-14-2013, 08:34 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
I have dreams that happen realisticly later in life. If its good they are nice. I also have dreams of places I never was at.I have dreams that are reoccurring.

Many settings to the dreams are in school buildings, mansions, or work buildings. Some people are at my realife places and don't belong there.

I had the dream that I was driving a school bus. I looked it up and it means I'm following my own path. And I show leadership.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:49 PM

8,775 posts, read 11,907,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I have dreams that happen realisticly later in life. If its good they are nice. I also have dreams of places I never was at.I have dreams that are reoccurring.

Many settings to the dreams are in school buildings, mansions, or work buildings. Some people are at my realife places and don't belong there.

I had the dream that I was driving a school bus. I looked it up and it means I'm following my own path. And I show leadership.
I hardly ever remember my dreams, unless they really impress me! Lately I've been dreaming a lot about work. I learned a long time ago that when I have recurring dreams it means something and I pay attention. First time it ever happened I was having dreams about being lost, needed help/directions or something. A 'good Samaritan' would show up and further into the dream would turn into someone who really wanted to hurt me. That told me that I was too trusting and needed to do some changes there. The second one had me working in a small restaurant, things going along smoothly and then BAM! all h3ll breaks lose! Can't find things, in the weeds with customers, orders not coming out, etc. etc.. Those dreams ended with me walking out the back door. That's when I knew I was burnt out and needed to get out of waitressing for a while. So I did, for two years. Lately I've been dreaming about my job and I'm a cashier in a crazy BUSY store so that's what I've been dreaming about. Tells me I am ready for a vacation and, lucky me, that starts Tues. the 17th. By the end of two weeks I'll be ready to go do it again. lol

I used to have a dream book. I'll have to check and see if I still have it.

Old 09-14-2013, 03:53 PM

993 posts, read 1,561,026 times
Mine are all in the real world. It's often an "off" version of the real world, though, by which I mean elements of it aren't quite accurate to reality. For example, the rooms in my house will be arranged differently than they actually are.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade693 View Post
Mine are all in the real world. It's often an "off" version of the real world, though, by which I mean elements of it aren't quite accurate to reality. For example, the rooms in my house will be arranged differently than they actually are.
Yeah often my house or school will be like totally different, even though it's sort of a 'given' in the dream world they are my house. There's no cognitive dissonance.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:25 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,592 times
Not usually, just usually a more spectacular version of reality. Most my dreams take place in my bedroom, work or old college but sometimes I go to a crazy looking fantasy city or some magical beach. I've tried to get to outer space in my dreams but I wake up when I try to fly that high. Sometimes I have a dream that I live in a spectacular Downton Abbey-like mansion then get depressed in the middle of the dream when it occurs to me its a dream lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology