Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 12:38 PM

1,314 posts, read 1,425,378 times

Advertisements

Golly gee, I'm so confused. All I did was comment in a forum about men's experiences about how I objected to the "anti-woman" sentiment expressed by a thread that is unfairly only about men's experiences, and now people are mad at me. I have legitimate information regarding what it's like to be a man, and just because I'm a woman it's not fair to not want my input. Information is information no matter the source and it just seems to me that those men just hate women for having valid information regarding men's issues and they should not only accept my input but laud me for having the wisdom to be able to comment on topics regarding experiences which it's not possible for me to have had.

This men's attitude just seems so strange and foreign to me because I can't conceive of someone not wanting my input on any and all topics. Are men really that fragile? I'm not threatened by men, and they can flock together whenever they want. I don't see the point of all-female gatherings, but if men need the safe haven of each other's company I have no problem with that, I just want to be able to provide my feedback and unmatched knowledge to them any time I feel I have something to say about men.

OK, I'll concede that some things make sense as uniquely male topics, like jock itch and blue balls and how to pick just that right T-shirt for every occasion. But my thick skin prevents me from understanding why these men are just such a mystery to me.

And I don't understand this comic either!

So please help me understand this exotic and bizarre mystery about men's behavior. I'm not at all looking for a passive aggressive outlet for my own disgruntlement regarding not being worshipped for my presence amongst the men in their comfortable little men's thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2013, 01:17 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,284,780 times
There's alot of unfairness in todays society mizzle, and when you run across a group of people who exclude others opinions based solely on their sex, maybe it's not worth even bothering with. What for?..
I could see a group of women talking about womans issues shunning a man's in-put as well...couldn't you?
Best thing to do is just move on to another..lots of good discussions out there.
Who cares if some one who's virtual is mad at you..a waste of your time and energy even thinking about it.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:27 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,989 times
Same as we have no perspective on menstruating or giving birth.

Old 11-12-2013, 08:31 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post
Golly gee, I'm so confused. All I did was comment in a forum about men's experiences about how I objected to the "anti-woman" sentiment expressed by a thread that is unfairly only about men's experiences, and now people are mad at me. I have legitimate information regarding what it's like to be a man, and just because I'm a woman it's not fair to not want my input. Information is information no matter the source and it just seems to me that those men just hate women for having valid information regarding men's issues and they should not only accept my input but laud me for having the wisdom to be able to comment on topics regarding experiences which it's not possible for me to have had.

This men's attitude just seems so strange and foreign to me because I can't conceive of someone not wanting my input on any and all topics. Are men really that fragile? I'm not threatened by men, and they can flock together whenever they want. I don't see the point of all-female gatherings, but if men need the safe haven of each other's company I have no problem with that, I just want to be able to provide my feedback and unmatched knowledge to them any time I feel I have something to say about men.

OK, I'll concede that some things make sense as uniquely male topics, like jock itch and blue balls and how to pick just that right T-shirt for every occasion. But my thick skin prevents me from understanding why these men are just such a mystery to me.

So please help me understand this exotic and bizarre mystery about men's behavior. I'm not at all looking for a passive aggressive outlet for my own disgruntlement regarding not being worshipped for my presence amongst the men in their comfortable little men's thread.
Ha Ha! Brilliant! I think this went over the respondents' heads, so far. But I get it and I like it!

Last edited by imcurious; 11-12-2013 at 08:40 PM..

Old 11-12-2013, 08:45 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
The link is awesome. Please keep it handy for all of the future conversations where it will be needed!

Old 11-13-2013, 01:09 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times
Dumbest thread on CD. Very, very petty.

Old 02-22-2015, 03:13 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,141,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Dumbest thread on CD. Very, very petty.

..Extremely...+1....grow up

Old 02-22-2015, 03:20 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzile View Post

For starters you might avoid referring to "men" as though we're some homogeneous group who all think and act alike. It's about as off-putting as those kinda threads where some gal carries on as though she speaks for all womankind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology