Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2014, 11:56 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,298,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
That's exactly it, which is why all these threads that ask a question of all women are just stupid. A handful of women can't and don't speak on behalf of all women so why even ask in the first place.
I agree and think the same of all the threads asking if ALL MEN are this way or that way. Only thing is that those threads are seen as acceptable for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
Hoops, schmoops. If you keep her happy, she'll reward you. If she keeps her man happy, it'll inspire him to higher heights, so to speak. It's a positive feedback loop. The best kind!
Yup. A man has to keep her happy in order for her to give him the reward. A guy? If she’s available he is more than happy to go for it in a snap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 11:59 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,881,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Yup. A man has to keep her happy in order for her to give him the reward. A guy? If she’s available he is more than happy to go for it in a snap.
You missed the part where she has to keep him happy, too, if she wants more of his good stuff. It's a mutual thing. Why is that so hard to understand? Both people involved need to know how to keep the tango going.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:03 PM

33,012 posts, read 27,553,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm sure even you don't believe that.

That is only my experience, Your Mileage May Vary.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
You missed the part where she has to keep him happy, too, if she wants more of his good stuff. It's a mutual thing. Why is that so hard to understand? Both people involved need to know how to keep the tango going.
Keep him happy to inspire him? I am not sure if men need inspiration, dinners, gifts, women jumping through hoops, etc. to have sex. There is a reason why women commonly say that all men want is sex. I am yet to hear men say as often that all women want from them is sex. Sex will normally be more available for women than men. We can’t deny that fact. Before someone says it I will, ok, sure, there are exceptions.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:22 PM

102,330 posts, read 108,561,117 times
Quote:
As for desire, it appears to be men who desire it the most. We hear more often of how men can have sex in a snap if the opportunity is there and how men normally complain about sexless marriages compared to women. A woman may withhold sex from her husband or boyfriend for all kinds of reasons (he didn’t take out the trash, he didn’t buy her stuff, didn’t take her out to dinner, the famous headache, he didn’t do house chores, etc.) a man from what we often hear will rarely ever find excuses to NOT have sex. Maybe there is a reason why women can be heard saying all men want is sex and not the other way around. Sure sure sure, exceptions exist ok ok.
OnihC, you've been away for awhile. You missed the threads where C-D guys insisted that 3-4 times/week was plenty of sex for them, and actually got angry at the suggestion that daily sex was normal for guys in their 20's. You missed the thread were a number of C-D women said they need it every day. We've had women here who posted that they had to break up with their guy, because his drive just wasn't enough for them. So clearly, there are women who get turned down regularly in a relationship. And this is not to mention the women who get stuck with guys who have let themselves go and lose interest in sex sometime in midlife. I think "what we often hear", at least on the part of some guys, is very selective.

Make no mistake: women LOVE sex! And denying it for manipulative reasons is immature and manipulative. I don't believe there are very many women who do that. Most people aren't manipulative. Manipulative types should get weeded out in the dating process.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Keep him happy to inspire him?
I agree with this. The more sex you give a guy, the more he gives back. (Well, except for the 3x/week guys, I guess.) His energy feeds on that. But guys also love it when you do nice things for them regularly, like cook their favorite food, hide hot notes in their coat pocket, surprise them with a gift of something they've had wish-listed for awhile, whatever. Men are human, they respond to thoughtful gestures just like anyone else.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OnihC, you've been away for awhile
I know, huh? Long time no see Ruth.
Of course there are cases where women may be the ones who want more sex than the guy but what we normally hear not only in the forum but outside is of men who feel they are being neglected sexually for all kinds of reasons (his and her fault). How does the saying goes? “Women need reasons to have sex. Men only need a place” Not sure if I can agree completely but it goes something like that.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:42 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,385,385 times
Quote:
OnihC, you've been away for awhile. You missed the threads where C-D guys insisted that 3-4 times/week was plenty of sex for them, and actually got angry at the suggestion that daily sex was normal for guys in their 20's. You missed the thread were a number of C-D women said they need it every day. We've had women here who posted that they had to break up with their guy, because his drive just wasn't enough for them. So clearly, there are women who get turned down regularly in a relationship. And this is not to mention the women who get stuck with guys who have let themselves go and lose interest in sex sometime in midlife. I think "what we often hear", at least on the part of some guys, is very selective.
Great story. What these men didn't tell you is that they were likely "taking care of it" themselves. A healthy man doesn't just lose interest in sex for no good reason. It's likely that he lost interest in her, and these women probably weren't taking care of business as well as they thought they were.

So let's not pretend that it's typical for a woman to want it every day and twice on Sunday, and for a man to have to be in the mood. It's much more complex than that.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:42 PM

Quote:
But guys also love it when you do nice things for them regularly, like cook their favorite food, hide hot notes in their coat pocket, surprise them with a gift of something they've had wish-listed for awhile, whatever. Men are human, they respond to thoughtful gestures just like anyone else.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
Great story. What these men didn't tell you is that they were likely "taking care of it" themselves. A healthy man doesn't just lose interest in sex for no good reason. It's likely that he lost interest in her, and these women probably weren't taking care of business as well as they thought they were.

So let's not pretend that it's typical for a woman to want it every day and twice on Sunday, and for a man to have to be in the mood. It's much more complex than that.
Hey, going by what men here have posted on the topic of frequency, I can only assume they're not pretending, on an anonymous forum, and all. It's not at all what I've run into IRL, but ... go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology