Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2014, 05:05 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,393,758 times

Advertisements

I've known several women who changed her hair color often: redhead, blond and then brunette, then cutting her hair like a pixie.

I've read somewhere, often involves a mood change. For example if they want to feel sexy they go blonde or brunette, if they are feeling a breakup they go brunette.

Of course it could be just a simple cosmetic "change". But usually there is a hidden motive involved.

For example coming out of a relationship:

Women Change Hair Colors to Get Over Exes - Softpedia

Others will say is like a "makeover" to start new things:

Hair colour and attraction – is the latest psychological research bad news for Scarlett Johansson, Nicole Kidman and Simon Pegg? Raj Persaud and Adrian Furnham – rajpersaud

What do you think ladies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 05:57 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,953,220 times
I don't think that's correct. Women often cut their long hair short when they dump their significant others. Coloring their hair according to mood is less common. I believe that most women color to cover up grey. That's why I do it. And some just want a completely different color than their natural. However, I don't believe many women completely change their hair color.

Old 12-08-2014, 11:11 AM

6,383 posts, read 6,271,884 times
I've colored my hair since age 14. I don't have any gray. I don't cut it much, just color. I've noticed these trends in myself correlated to when I color:

I'm seeking a "change" in another part of my life or am already going through one.
I'm depressed and trying to feel better (again, seeking a change)
Change of season
It's time to cover darker roots (Usually happens around change of season. )

Old 12-10-2014, 07:05 AM

207 posts, read 226,495 times
I went ginger when I wanted guys... oh lawd.... weird effects.

I did the Britney too.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:10 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
I'm a brunette currently and changed because I was tired of the lighter hair and grays.Its fun to change makeup to the different hair colors.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:33 AM

6,383 posts, read 6,271,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlexa View Post
I went ginger when I wanted guys... oh lawd.... weird effects.

I did the Britney too.
I do all dif shades of red a lot. There are SOOOO MANY shades of EVERY "natural" color and fun to try them all! I only did "blondish" once tho because it clashes w my black eyebrows and messing w those is not a pretty sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
I'm a brunette currently and changed because I was tired of the lighter hair and grays.Its fun to change makeup to the different hair colors.
I agree! The "artistic side effects" are wonderful and a fun challenge and change!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology