Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 11:50 PM

4,366 posts, read 4,580,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3XXXX View Post
That's just what does it for me. Like I said different people attracted to different things. You might be the type of female who needs a more submissive type of guy. That's what does it for you.
I would need a more submissive type of guy, because I'm a really gentle and submissive woman. I don't like it when people try to control me, though; my freedom is honestly the most important thing to me, but I also try very hard, perhaps too hard, to not hurt anyone's feelings. Some men take that as a signal that they can walk all over me. I'm skittish about relationships; I often get into them accidentally. I'm a straight woman, but most men just don't do anything for me, really. I like the company, but that's about it. They usually want something else, and they usually want the relationship to move too fast.

Don't get me wrong, a guy who has some of the traits of my dad would be nice. My dad knows how to do a lot of things, including how to sew and survive in the wild, but well, my dad's more or less a chauvinist himself. He made an exception for me and my mom, but that's about it. He still draws hard lines on gender roles. We still have a lot in common, though, and I would like to find a guy like my dad; I would just like a gentler more modern metrosexual version of him, one that fully embraces the idea that people can be whoever they want to be.

Last edited by krmb; 12-21-2014 at 12:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 06:59 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
I would need a more submissive type of guy, because I'm a really gentle and submissive woman. I don't like it when people try to control me, though; my freedom is honestly the most important thing to me, but I also try very hard, perhaps too hard, to not hurt anyone's feelings. Some men take that as a signal that they can walk all over me. I'm skittish about relationships; I often get into them accidentally. I'm a straight woman, but most men just don't do anything for me, really. I like the company, but that's about it. They usually want something else, and they usually want the relationship to move too fast.

Don't get me wrong, a guy who has some of the traits of my dad would be nice. My dad knows how to do a lot of things, including how to sew and survive in the wild, but well, my dad's more or less a chauvinist himself. He made an exception for me and my mom, but that's about it. He still draws hard lines on gender roles. We still have a lot in common, though, and I would like to find a guy like my dad; I would just like a gentler more modern metrosexual version of him, one that fully embraces the idea that people can be whoever they want to be.
Two submissive people pairing up doesn't strike me as a recipe for success.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:08 AM

50,795 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmb501 View Post
A balance of both is okay, but I want to get as far away from the big lumbering ogre who thinks that he has to demonstrate his "manliness" with stupid brute force, childish rude behavior, and needless guilt tripping, as I can. That, for me, means looking for guys who have personality traits that are just the opposite of those the ogre chauvinist will have.
The opposite extreme is still dysfunctional, why do extremes at all? Most people fall in the center anyway.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:39 AM

4,366 posts, read 4,580,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofur View Post
Two submissive people pairing up doesn't strike me as a recipe for success.
I know I said that, but don't like being controlled. I don't know if you would really call me submissive. I just don't like hurting other people's feelings. I only lead when clearly given the opportunity, but I resent people who try to lead me when I feel like they don't know where they are going, and I have trouble accepting people who get mad at me just because I "question their manliness," by having the audacity to try to "wear the pants" in a relationship.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:08 AM

887 posts, read 1,215,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Might want to get out of wherever you're at and move to a larger city.

Sounds like you don't like the white trash 'Git-r-done' types..I don't blame women for not liking those types..But you make it sound like there's only two kinds of men - femmes and ogres.

In reality, the majority of men aren't 'ultra masculine'..Not in the several midwest cities I've lived in anyway.
Yep. Kinda puts the vast majority of us poor guys that are stuck right in the middle as outcasts. hmmm wonder what the future of our military will look like.....

Old 12-21-2014, 03:33 PM

732 posts, read 968,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threecats407 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
Might want to get out of wherever you're at and move to a larger city.

Sounds like you don't like the white trash 'Git-r-done' types..I don't blame women for not liking those types..But you make it sound like there's only two kinds of men - femmes and ogres.

In reality, the majority of men aren't 'ultra masculine'..Not in the several midwest cities I've lived in anyway.
Yep. Kinda puts the vast majority of us poor guys that are stuck right in the middle as outcasts. hmmm wonder what the future of our military will look like.....
Most women actually prefer men who are in the middle because most women don't like initiating sexual stuff other than kissing.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:21 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by threecats407 View Post
Yep. Kinda puts the vast majority of us poor guys that are stuck right in the middle as outcasts..

Only with women like the op, who herself is in a minority of women who are actively seeking a submissive man.

Old 12-21-2014, 04:22 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,610,481 times
Yeah, what 3rdGen said.

Old 12-22-2014, 12:19 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,457,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy1190 View Post
I love feminine guys.
Me, too!

Old 12-24-2014, 01:19 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Actually there are plenty of so-called "femme" guys around these days. Only you know them usually as "techies", "nerds", "geeks", "intellectuals", "metro-sexuals", and whatever else doesn't fit into the narrow and traditional definition of "manly".

And that's really the issue, simply that the expectations for "masculinity" are way more limited than for "femininity". Which BTW, often starts with women who say stuff like they want a "real man", although we rarely hear of guys who are looking for a "real woman"! Because basically women seldom have their very gender called into question, let alone in the ways that men routinely experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology