Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2017, 08:43 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I have to try this.

Manservant
Manservant
Manservant

I like it. Now I wish I had one. I would love to say, "I'll have my manservant unload the Rolls Royce when my driver takes me home." But then I would have to have a manservant, a Rolls Royce, AND a driver. That seems a little pretentious.
As a fan of the word "manservant", I'm qualified to offer an opinion on pretentiousness, which apparently has 2 Ts in it. Who knew? Anyway, I believe that "a little pretentious" is just the right amount of pretentious. Indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 08:54 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,349,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Might a gentleman's gentleman also pack one's extremely varied wardrobe selections for an extremely varied upcoming holiday, without including every garment in one's possession? Would said GG also advise as to what's becoming, respectable, practical, functional, and likely to leave a good impression on one's holiday companions? Might he iron or otherwise freshen said garments upon arrival at one's holiday destination(s)?

Might he research suitable overnight destinations and make reservations, making sure all such destinations include striking scenery, additional local attractions and activities, pleasant amenities, convenience, and character?

And might said GG also chauffeur one to these holiday destination(s), allowing one to read, snooze, email, surf the Web, or enjoy the passing scenery from the back seat, where one might also enjoy snacking from the delicious picnic fare provided by the GG, thus arriving refreshed and rested?

If so, I definitely need the services of a GG. Ideally one whose services will not deplete my budget, who is pleasant, a great driver, and who appears or disappears as desired along the way.
Exquisite inquiry. Might a gentleman's gentleman render all those services you imagine, or dare I say hope he might? He might. He certainly might.

Old 03-31-2017, 11:46 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
As a fan of the word "manservant", I'm qualified to offer an opinion on pretentiousness, which apparently has 2 Ts in it. Who knew? Anyway, I believe that "a little pretentious" is just the right amount of pretentious. Indeed.
My manservant just took the words right out of my mouth for this one. I said, "Gray Poupon?" and he said, "But of course!"

Old 03-31-2017, 11:48 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,789,749 times
A manservant showed up at my door today. I don't like the look of him, though. Seems shady. I'll wait for a different one to show up.

Old 03-31-2017, 02:05 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,403,906 times
Rain forced us to cook indoors.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:38 PM

I am having a girlfriend over to spend the night so of course I bought a couple of bottles of wine. But for the past few days my back has been hurting and the pain began to spread around my waist and into my hip and then HORRORS - I realized there was a rash and yes, I've got FREAKING SHINGLES. So off I went to the doctor - limping and wanting to go in the nude so no clothes would touch my skin which is hypersensitive. However, I believe there are laws against public nudity even if one has shingles. Anyway, he gave me some meds which include Tylenol #3 with codeine.

You can see where this is going.

I have to either choose to limit myself to two REGULAR sized glasses of wine (not my usual generous serving) or forego the Tylenol #3. Such a dilemma.

I think I'm going with the wine.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:50 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I am having a girlfriend over to spend the night so of course I bought a couple of bottles of wine. But for the past few days my back has been hurting and the pain began to spread around my waist and into my hip and then HORRORS - I realized there was a rash and yes, I've got FREAKING SHINGLES. So off I went to the doctor - limping and wanting to go in the nude so no clothes would touch my skin which is hypersensitive. However, I believe there are laws against public nudity even if one has shingles. Anyway, he gave me some meds which include Tylenol #3 with codeine.

You can see where this is going.

I have to either choose to limit myself to two REGULAR sized glasses of wine (not my usual generous serving) or forego the Tylenol #3. Such a dilemma.

I think I'm going with the wine.
Not shingles! Oh no!

You have the rest of your life to drink wine. Now you have to treat the shingles. Drat the stupid chicken pox!

Old 03-31-2017, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Not shingles! Oh no!

You have the rest of your life to drink wine. Now you have to treat the shingles. Drat the stupid chicken pox!
Stop making so much sense.

You know - my memories of chicken pox are very clear because I had them on Christmas Day and I begged to be allowed to ride my new purple Schwinn bicycle outside. My parents relented. That was 48 years ago. It doesn't seem right that some little virus can hide in your body like that for so long.

DADNABBIT.

Look, I have to go to Nashville next week. Ain't nobody got time fo dis.

Old 04-02-2017, 12:55 PM

289 posts, read 450,813 times
At work they have a free fountain soda machine but only coke products. If you want pepsi products, there's a vending machine. I LIVE on diet coke and this fountain soda machine is probably the best perk of the job.
Last week the fountain machine was down so I had to PAY for my own soda AND it was Pepsi (which I hate but sometimes you just don't have a choice).

Old 04-02-2017, 02:17 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,649,439 times
Costco has stopped selling the $1.50 polish dog and soda. They only sell HOT DOGS. Disgusting.

Totally ruined my shopping experience yesterday. I was all set for a couple bites of my husbands meal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology