Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2017, 09:33 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Forgetting earrings is the worst! I must have earrings everywhere except at the gym.

Also enough to run my day is forgetting mascara.

Or only putting mascara on one eye because you got a phone call and forgot to do the other eye. and walking around all day with mascara on one eye only and not realizing it till you come home and remove your make-up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2017, 10:13 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,050,754 times
Luggage was 1.6lbs overweight checking in at airport today. Had to take out jar of local honey I was taking to my FIL and give to my son to take back home. SMH

Old 04-30-2017, 12:15 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
I bought more plants, which means I have to plant more plants. Will this never end? Why don't I have a yard boy?

Old 04-30-2017, 04:37 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,649,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
If it was their Black Label or Travelers line, I'd be REALLY pissed.
No it was a white Bette sweater. I had a coupon so total was only $10 and change. But I wanted it to wear with some Eileen Fisher linen knit skirts.

Three mishandled and misrouted Chicos packages in 10 days. Maybe a sign I should back off shopping a bit.

Last edited by mschrief; 04-30-2017 at 05:10 PM..

Old 04-30-2017, 04:39 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,649,439 times
My FWP today: WIND. My gosh we are having gale force 46 MPH winds here in North Texas. It is so noisy, my neighbor's shingles are blowing in my yard. My roof is ok thankfully. But I was only able to weed-eat the back yard today as I was almost blown over.

At least it is sunny and not raining.

Old 04-30-2017, 05:28 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Or only putting mascara on one eye because you got a phone call and forgot to do the other eye. and walking around all day with mascara on one eye only and not realizing it till you come home and remove your make-up.
Yes! Its sort of like only putting one earring in.

I've done that too.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
My FWP today: WIND. My gosh we are having gale force 46 MPH winds here in North Texas. It is so noisy, my neighbor's shingles are blowing in my yard. My roof is ok thankfully. But I was only able to weed-eat the back yard today as I was almost blown over.

At least it is sunny and not raining.
Oh my gosh, we live in Northeast Texas and the wind ran me off my back patio a little while ago! I wanted to sit out there in the gorgeous sun and read - but NOOOOOOOooooooo...it was impossible. And it was even a little bit cold and as you know, that is unacceptable in Texas, even in April.

The weather needs to get it's bidness together. Tornadoes last night, crazy wind today, and very nearly cold...clearly the weather is a bit out of control these days.

I planted about five shrubs today and transplanted some elephant ears and I was nearly blown to pieces.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Yes! Its sort of like only putting one earring in.

I've done that too.
All of these scenarios make me feel a little sick to my stomach and bring back very stressful memories ot me.

One earring may even be worse than leaving the house with no earrings on at all.

Though there is one thing worse - I had a friend who put on two different shoes and then came to work like that. That may be the worst of all.

The other day, speaking of shoes, I was out shopping with a girlfriend and the SOLE OF MY SANDAL FELL OFF. Honestly. It was incredibly traumatic and I told her, "We must go to Dillards and the shoe department immediately because I must buy new sandals this instant." And of course, since it's sandal season, they weren't on sale. I had to pay full price for shoes, which is something that I rarely can bring myself to do. But this was an emergency.

Old 04-30-2017, 07:17 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,836 times
Gas pump handle lock missing. Had to stand there and hold the damn thing.

Was the longest minute of my life

Tried to engineer a way to keep the handle up with my keys, then credit card, then just gave up.

Old 05-01-2017, 01:45 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
[quote=KathrynAragon;48004348]

The other day, speaking of shoes, I was out shopping with a girlfriend and the SOLE OF MY SANDAL FELL OFF. quote]

Same thing happened to me! I had an appt to get my hair trimmed and when I got out of the car I realized the sole of my favorite bejeweled sandal was halfway off and flopping but I then had to drive to get my granddaughter. After I picked her up I realized how badly I had to pee and I had a 30 minute ride to get home. I called my son, told him to unlock the door (because now it had become an emergency). I was cursing the security gate to get into my development so much that I just went in right behind someone because I couldn't wait at this point. Got out of the car, threw the shoes off and ran up the stairs. Hoping nobody saw me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology