Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2018, 05:21 PM

708 posts, read 1,059,489 times

Advertisements

I don't like that new car interiors only come in black/gray or brown/beige these days. I miss different color interiors, like red, blue and even green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2018, 05:59 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Restaurant menus often have too many choices.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:48 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times
My amazon package didn't arrive yesterday even though the tracking said it would. Now I'll have to put off the project planned for today since I don't have my alginate.

Old 06-27-2018, 12:03 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,869,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
My amazon package didn't arrive yesterday even though the tracking said it would. Now I'll have to put off the project planned for today since I don't have my alginate.
I'm annoyed that I don't know what "alginate" is. Now I'm going to have to look it up because it's going to drive me crazy if I don't. I might have to use it in a sentence tonight and I want to be prepared.

Edited: Nope, won't be discussing it at dinner tonight. False alarm.

Old 06-27-2018, 04:18 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
I experience social anxiety from posting words people have to look up.

Old 06-28-2018, 11:52 AM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
There's a mileage sign on the side of I-95 northbound between Washington and Baltimore, but oftentimes I'll be in a lane other than the right one, and a truck will block my view of the sign. This is especially an issue at this particular location, because there's a rest area right before the sign, and the parked trucks sometimes spill over from there and park right in front of the sign.

OK, sure, I live around here, and I already know what the sign says, and I don't need to know again. But still, it's the principle of the thing: I want to read the sign, and I can't. Would it really kill the state to mount it on an overhead pole?

Here's the sign, blessedly un-blocked:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1434...7i13312!8i6656

And here's a similar sign on the southbound side of this very same highway. So it's not like they don't know how to put 'em up on an overhead pole:

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.1173...7i13312!8i6656

Old 06-28-2018, 03:56 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
I went to Home Goods today and bought a really big basket. It's humongous. I'm gonna put ALL my eggs into this one basket. I don't care what they say. I'm doin' it. However, I bought it to put under a coffee table so I could store books and magazines... and it's too large. Just doesn't fit. And I'm usually pretty good at gauging that kind of stuff. I blame my misjudgment on the fact that I had my eyes tested just minutes before the purchase and I was off my game.
It's a BIG basket. You could fit a dozen Great Dane puppies in that sucker. Ooh, I should get a dozen Great Dane puppies.

Old 06-28-2018, 04:22 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I went to Home Goods today and bought a really big basket. It's humongous. I'm gonna put ALL my eggs into this one basket. I don't care what they say. I'm doin' it. However, I bought it to put under a coffee table so I could store books and magazines... and it's too large. Just doesn't fit. And I'm usually pretty good at gauging that kind of stuff. I blame my misjudgment on the fact that I had my eyes tested just minutes before the purchase and I was off my game.
It's a BIG basket. You could fit a dozen Great Dane puppies in that sucker. Ooh, I should get a dozen Great Dane puppies.
LOL....I'd like to see you with 12 Great Dane puppies!!!

Old 06-28-2018, 04:37 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,784,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
LOL....I'd like to see you with 12 Great Dane puppies!!!
I told my husband last night, "When we get our dogs..." and he said, "Wait, what? DOGS? Plural? And, also, what? Dogs?! Who's getting dogs? What's happening?" I told him, "Dog food is on sale at the grocery store, so I thought I should get some dogs."

Old 06-29-2018, 07:20 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,695,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I love these softball issues - I could hit'em outta the park all day!

You have two rather obvious solutions.

1. If you tend to be on the lazy side, the answer is, find a new coffee table to fit your basket. Your husband will be pleased.

2. The BEST answer is, cut a hole in your floor large enough to fit the basket. Your husband will be MORE pleased.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Disclaimer: Solving problems does not necessarily indicate that other, minor issues may not arise as a result. Please consult a professional before proceeding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology