Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2022, 01:13 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Because my cat was recently diagnosed with some kidney issues I am very concerned about him eating enough of his (all wet) cat food. Yesterday he was trying to turn up his nose at his lunch, so I persuaded him to eat by feeding him with a spoon. It actually worked, but I felt pretty ridiculous.

I worry that I am encouraging my cat to have unrealistic expectations, here.
I think kitters come with unrealistic expectations though, and our job is to recognize the rightness of those expectations, rendering them appropriate. At least that's how I've made peace with it all

Hope he feels better soon.

Last edited by homina12; 03-04-2022 at 01:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 02:03 PM

20,362 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I think kitters come with unrealistic expectations though, and our job is to recognize the rightness of those expectations, rendering them appropriate. At least that's how I've made peace with it all

Hope he feels better soon.
Thank you. Actually, I think he probably feels fine at the moment. But eventually he will not. The kidney disease is a number in his bloodwork at present, but it's one that spells and eventual end of his life...though that could still be years off. No knowing.

But everything I have read, despite lots of disagreement on various details, holds one fact foremost... A cat with kidney disease who stops eating, is a goner. And that's how the worst of it usually happens. So this diagnosis being still a new thing I'm getting my head around, I admit I am hovering a bit, concerning myself with his food intake. Which is still mostly good, unless he is on occasion pulling that famous cat trick of, "No, Mother. Not that food. Open a different can. Try again."

But somehow it's all better if I stand there and feed him with a spoon.

Old 03-04-2022, 04:02 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
My seed planting is going to be delayed by 4 days. I sure hope this doesn't cause a complete crop failure this year.

Old 03-04-2022, 04:44 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
I'm becoming a sensible adult and it's irritating. Instead of buying new clothes and jewelry, I bought insurance. Instead of buying my flight to Europe for summer, I nixed it and opted to save. I want to slap myself.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:04 AM

1,400 posts, read 763,910 times
Having read somewhere that batteries should be kept in the fridge, I put them in the meat and cheese drawer. Then one day I decided that I should actually keep cheese in the cheese drawer. In went the Muenster cheese. By the time I found it again a month or two later it was moldy so into the trash it went. Now I am left with just batteries in the cheese drawer and wonder what I did wrong.

Old 03-05-2022, 10:01 AM

2,020 posts, read 1,122,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Thank you. Actually, I think he probably feels fine at the moment. But eventually he will not. The kidney disease is a number in his bloodwork at present, but it's one that spells and eventual end of his life...though that could still be years off. No knowing.

But everything I have read, despite lots of disagreement on various details, holds one fact foremost... A cat with kidney disease who stops eating, is a goner. And that's how the worst of it usually happens. So this diagnosis being still a new thing I'm getting my head around, I admit I am hovering a bit, concerning myself with his food intake. Which is still mostly good, unless he is on occasion pulling that famous cat trick of, "No, Mother. Not that food. Open a different can. Try again."

But somehow it's all better if I stand there and feed him with a spoon.
My kitty had kidney disease. We gave him IV fluid treatments at home. He tolerated the treatment but he became quite finicky about food. Baby food was all he would eat. I would feed it to him on a spoon or hold up a small plate for him.

Old 03-05-2022, 06:29 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I am off for four days and I think it sounds fabulous, but I just remembered that if I don't go in Monday, the woman who I should give a copy of the ticket to won't get it till Thursday. BLECH. I do not want to go in.

I also don't even want to go shopping for work stuff I need on my days off.

I think I have a really crappy attitude but I also don't care, which is another part of that same attitude.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:23 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
After we had an all clear to plant forecast last week now there's another morning of freezing temps forecast that came from out of nowhere.

Old 03-05-2022, 08:24 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Who does that. I don't even like olives but I'd be disappointed if there was only one to dislike. You have my symp
Thanks, man.(or woman)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
I feel the pain of bjh who has only one olive. I do the same thing because that means I am not out of olives and there is always hope. There is a jar in my fridge that used to have pickled beets in it, but they are gone and just the liquid remains so I can remember how good they were
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
I sometimes do that!
I'm not the only one?

Good thing there was another unopened jar of olives next to that jar. I hope not mentioning that doesn't take from the 'moment' we all shared here.

My today's FWP: at the grocery store today I went to get the kind of breakfast sandwiches I like that are on a croissant. Earlier they had an 8 count box that is a better deal. I found the croissants 4 count box, saw the 8 count box next to it at a lower cost per ounce so I got those, brought them home and opened them to put them in the freezer and they are English muffin instead of croissant!

I'll eat them. But I'll be thinking of croissants.

Old 03-06-2022, 07:33 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
My dogs eat too much dog food.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology