Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2022, 07:52 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times

Advertisements

Over-thinking is a first world funny problem I am worried that Pina Carlotta is going to bring the meat back to the store and they are going to put it out for sale again and some unsuspecting person is going to buy it. It could be the end of them. I bought some broccoli rabe from the market and became ill from it, now I wonder if there are other bunches as well carrying who knows what germs from who knows where If I call the market will they pull it off the shelves thereby saving other people from this misery OR will it be depriving some sweet little old lady from making the Italian dinner she wanted tonight and the local priest is expected at 6 o'clock

Last edited by Nancy739; 04-27-2022 at 08:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2022, 09:29 AM

20,398 posts, read 14,683,356 times
Targeted advertising grievance of the day.

I am on Panera's email list, I do like their food and it's nice sometimes to get coupons from them. I got an email today that said, "Your favorite is back!" in the subject line. And when I opened the message it talked about a salad. A SALAD! I do not and never have or will consume anything with the word "SALAD" anywhere near it thankyouverymuch. My actual favorite, by the way, is macaroni and cheese. Followed closely by a bagel. Salad? I do not think so.

It's as though they don't have my entire purchase history on file somewhere. God Panera, it's like you don't even know me!? You never listen! I feel so invisible! Just because OTHER women like salad... That's it, isn't it? You're emailing someone else. I knew it!

Old 04-27-2022, 11:47 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,637,002 times
Today's lunch was a total disaster. We had a coupon for a large hot ham and cheese sandwich which was what I thought would make a great lunch on the go. No time to fix our normal chefs salad today as we still have a day or more of moving boxes of belongings from point a to point b. How can anyone who completed grade school really mess up putting sliced ham and cheese on a bun? Some how all the meat was on one side of the sandwich leaving one side with just bread and not even any butter on it. I hope that they never apply for a job as a short order cook....

Old 04-28-2022, 12:42 AM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
I haven't been to the grocery store the last few days. Just busy with other stuff. A couple of supplies are starting to get low. When I do get there it would be good to remember what those things are or to remember to bring the list or to find the list before getting to the check out.

Old 04-28-2022, 06:53 AM

1,400 posts, read 767,879 times
Yeah, I have my computer on a small round table, but is THAT any reason for the speakers to keep falling off the side of it?

Old 04-28-2022, 07:16 AM

7,114 posts, read 4,833,273 times
Having some yard work done today. A guy is coming to weed and spread mulch in my front flower beds.

But this weekend is a huge Festival in our town, and I need to get my nails done for Festival!

But I have to be here to pay the man and let him know exactly what I want done. So I won’t have time for my nails! Ugh!

Old 04-28-2022, 07:48 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Having some yard work done today. A guy is coming to weed and spread mulch in my front flower beds.

But this weekend is a huge Festival in our town, and I need to get my nails done for Festival!

But I have to be here to pay the man and let him know exactly what I want done. So I won’t have time for my nails! Ugh!
Somewhere an entrepreneurial soul is conceiving of a yard work/mobile nail salon combo business. Will sadly be too late for your dilemma. Just know I feel your pain.

Old 04-28-2022, 01:39 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,350,956 times
I'm breaking my "two posts in a row" rule, which having been broken so often just may lack a certain ruleness at this point, but regardless I broke the thing and if apologies are customary I accept.

That little conundrum was pretty first world, no? But I have another. My office at work is a mess. Very messy. The situation has reached critical mass, or critical mess. I know, not punny, but I'm, this is really, you know. A mess.

So I'm whining about it, and also looking for solutions that don't require me to be accountable. I'm pretty morally flexible (see the rule fiasco) so I'll consider shameful ideas as well as ineffective ones.

Old 04-28-2022, 02:48 PM

4,190 posts, read 3,405,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
I'm breaking my "two posts in a row" rule, which having been broken so often just may lack a certain ruleness at this point, but regardless I broke the thing and if apologies are customary I accept.

That little conundrum was pretty first world, no? But I have another. My office at work is a mess. Very messy. The situation has reached critical mass, or critical mess. I know, not punny, but I'm, this is really, you know. A mess.

So I'm whining about it, and also looking for solutions that don't require me to be accountable. I'm pretty morally flexible (see the rule fiasco) so I'll consider shameful ideas as well as ineffective ones.
Run away from home, change your identity, join the circus.

Old 04-28-2022, 03:04 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,991,038 times
Ok so here's my FWP today:

I am sick, but I know I'm just sickish, not SICK SICK. But absolutely none of my tried and true, organic, all natural remedies worked and now I have bronchitis. Plus when I finally went to the doctor (earlier today) the doctor said "Wow, your sinuses are really jacked up - do you feel any pain in your face or do you have drainage, or "yada yada yada, I don't remember all she said but I know I had the first two so I just kept nodding dejectedly (any talking at all will start me coughing again - and I've already changed my panties twice now because I have been coughing so much and so hard that I have leaked on my panties which is OUT OF CHARACTER FOR ME so by golly, I've got to be sick). Anyway, so all my tests for COVID and flu and all that came back negative, because all I have is bronchitis and sinusitis which is what I figured - not sexy. But you know what - the whiskey and honey and lemon juice mixture didn't work, the hot teas didn't work, rubbing peppermint oil on my chest didn't work, though I did get some in my eye which was interesting, bathing in hot lavender mist didn't work, nothing has worked so load me up, baby, and boy did they ever.

Now here's my FWP - does anyone who ever went to the doctor because they were sick ever feel like being there? No of course not. So do we look like we then want to go to the PHARMACY and pick up our bags and bags of prescriptions? HELL TO THE NO. Because of course we will wait, while we're coughing up a lung and everyone is staring at us like we have COVID or something. Goodness.

But long story short, I am home with my meds and my nebulizer and my hot tea and my codeine laced cough syrup and in my pajamas, sans bra, and if I didn't have this horrible, hacking cough, I'd be close to being happy. As it is, I'm just glad to be home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology