Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2022, 03:40 PM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ok so here's my FWP today:

I am sick, but I know I'm just sickish, not SICK SICK. But absolutely none of my tried and true, organic, all natural remedies worked and now I have bronchitis. Plus when I finally went to the doctor (earlier today) the doctor said "Wow, your sinuses are really jacked up - do you feel any pain in your face or do you have drainage, or "yada yada yada, I don't remember all she said but I know I had the first two so I just kept nodding dejectedly (any talking at all will start me coughing again - and I've already changed my panties twice now because I have been coughing so much and so hard that I have leaked on my panties which is OUT OF CHARACTER FOR ME so by golly, I've got to be sick). Anyway, so all my tests for COVID and flu and all that came back negative, because all I have is bronchitis and sinusitis which is what I figured - not sexy. But you know what - the whiskey and honey and lemon juice mixture didn't work, the hot teas didn't work, rubbing peppermint oil on my chest didn't work, though I did get some in my eye which was interesting, bathing in hot lavender mist didn't work, nothing has worked so load me up, baby, and boy did they ever.

Now here's my FWP - does anyone who ever went to the doctor because they were sick ever feel like being there? No of course not. So do we look like we then want to go to the PHARMACY and pick up our bags and bags of prescriptions? HELL TO THE NO. Because of course we will wait, while we're coughing up a lung and everyone is staring at us like we have COVID or something. Goodness.

But long story short, I am home with my meds and my nebulizer and my hot tea and my codeine laced cough syrup and in my pajamas, sans bra, and if I didn't have this horrible, hacking cough, I'd be close to being happy. As it is, I'm just glad to be home.
That does suck. Glad you’re home at last, and hope you feel better quick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2022, 03:46 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Run away from home, change your identity, join the circus.
OK good. Mods can I change my username to homina21?

Old 04-28-2022, 04:01 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
After several tries, I finally "remembered" my password and got into my credit card account. I immediately forgot what I'd typed.

Old 04-28-2022, 07:56 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
The first of two brands of grocery store I went to didn't have a couple things I wanted. But they have another location near the bigger grocery store I go to so I said to myself, I'll just check there. But of course, when I went to the bigger store I bought perishables that I didn't want to leave out in the car so I drove home with them and will have to go to the other store another day.

Old 04-28-2022, 08:10 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
OK so I am running low on several things but I don't want to go to the store, which is literally two minutes from my house driving.

Good news is that the meds seem to be kicking in and I'm finally able to pace myself coughing. After changing my undies once today, I think I'm good! LOL

Old 04-28-2022, 08:59 PM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I can't remember the last afternoon nap I've had and I've got to find a cure soon.

Old 04-29-2022, 07:59 AM

1,400 posts, read 763,910 times
There were only TWO pea pods in the Yakisoba noodles and BOTH of them slid out of the microwaveable pouch and onto the floor This was my valiant attempt to create breakfast this morning. The last time I ordered these and bottled water, they brought the water but no noodles.
I swear I saw them in the trunk of the drivers' car as she sped away giggling to herself that I paid eighteen dollars for noodles so they must be great and HER dinner problems were solved. So yeah, First World Psychological Problem ~ Suspicion of Noodle Thieves

Old 04-29-2022, 02:29 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,632,416 times
At the supermarket:

No romaine for a month now.

No pistachios for a month, either.

Life is tough.

Old 04-29-2022, 02:37 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
My most trivial problem is that I can't think of a problem trivial enough to post.

Old 04-29-2022, 05:22 PM

6,968 posts, read 4,809,652 times
K this isn’t really a “problem”, first world or otherwise.

But it annoys me when, in the Relationships forum, 99% of the first posts that come across are long winded, and about weird issues. Lots of “story” but not much actual substance. Seems more prevalent in that forum than others, but of course there are “one hit wonders” all over these boards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology