Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2016, 10:59 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I hate to break it to you, but apparently you are going to have to rotate out pillows like I do. I had to clear off a shelf in the hall closet to keep various pillows, which I bring out during the year. This has caused me to have less storage room in that closet. Plus - I don't get to see all my pillows all the time - and I like them all.

It's so frustrating.
I have a storage closet that has a mile high stack of blankets. I'm thinking "they" might be right... perhaps I DO have issues. This particular pillow I bought makes me laugh... it's not at all fancy or classy. It features artwork with a woman (assuming a mother) pushing her child into the "donation bin." The kid's feet are sticking out of the bin and the mother looks disgusted and determined to make the kid fit. My own mother looked at it and exclaimed, "What in the world?!" I explained it to her and she said, "Someone put that on a PILLOW? I don't get it." And I was all, "Yay! I'm too weird for my own mom!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 11:59 AM

20,007 posts, read 13,486,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I have a storage closet that has a mile high stack of blankets. I'm thinking "they" might be right... perhaps I DO have issues. This particular pillow I bought makes me laugh... it's not at all fancy or classy. It features artwork with a woman (assuming a mother) pushing her child into the "donation bin." The kid's feet are sticking out of the bin and the mother looks disgusted and determined to make the kid fit. My own mother looked at it and exclaimed, "What in the world?!" I explained it to her and she said, "Someone put that on a PILLOW? I don't get it." And I was all, "Yay! I'm too weird for my own mom!"
My wife has a quirky, oddball sense of humor like that. She laughs at absurdity. It's one of the things that makes me love her. Just be yourself, and never stop :-)

Old 08-01-2016, 12:38 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
My wife has a quirky, oddball sense of humor like that. She laughs at absurdity. It's one of the things that makes me love her. Just be yourself, and never stop :-)

I'd probably get along great with your wife! Thankfully, my husband also seems to love me either because of... or in spite of, depending on the day... my absurdity.

Old 08-01-2016, 01:03 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I hate to break it to you, but apparently you are going to have to rotate out pillows like I do. I had to clear off a shelf in the hall closet to keep various pillows, which I bring out during the year. This has caused me to have less storage room in that closet. Plus - I don't get to see all my pillows all the time - and I like them all.

It's so frustrating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Speaking of throw pillows, I just replaced the rug in my living room and now the pillows on the couch don't coordinate so well. The previous oriental rug had one red tone, and this new oriental rug has a different red tone and it kind of clashes with the pillow covers. They cost a fair amount but I really like them. Now I have to get different pillows or get used to the assault on my eyes.
Just awful. Do you realize that if we were men, we wouldn't even care whether we slept on a mattress or ever saw a pillowcase again? I know that is very sexist of me but I've seen no evidence to the contrary in all my years. lol. I change the sheets and jump into bed almost singing with excitement because it just feels so... NICE. Hubby says 'huh? oh. yeah. But why did they need changing?'

Old 08-02-2016, 03:04 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
There is hardly any space in the office refrigerator today because several people have put their lunches in there, but the lunches are in large bulky insulated lunch bags. Most of these are fancy sports bags or fancy designer type bags.

Don't they realize that the better insulated the bag is, the more they are keeping the cold OUT of bag, away from their lunch? They should leave the bulky insulated bag near their desk and just put the food in the fridge. Then all would be right with the world.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:38 AM

I got both of my dogs new ID tags. The new tags "jingle" differently from the old tags. The new jingling is not better or worse, but it just sounds different.
Now I have to adjust to the new sound when the dogs walk around.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:37 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I got both of my dogs new ID tags. The new tags "jingle" differently from the old tags. The new jingling is not better or worse, but it just sounds different.
Now I have to adjust to the new sound when the dogs walk around.

Oh, man.

I bought our dogs new collars. The metal ring thingies that you attach their tags to is fatter than the old collars, which I have already thrown away. This means that the tags sometimes get a bit twisted and then they don't hang down - they just stick out to the side, and it looks REALLY stupid and weird.

I hate that.

Old 08-05-2016, 09:17 AM

And now the poor dogs have to be embarrassed out in public with their wanky tags sticking out.

Old 08-05-2016, 10:06 AM

218 posts, read 241,865 times
Crocheted a throw rug for my Granddaughter's new room, to put next to her new bed, in the colors she ask for (deep purple and white) now she wants it in deep purple, white and red? She is 3 1/2 so will change her mind next week, but she did tell me that I am her bestest fwend, so guess I will start another throw rug this afternoon .

Old 08-05-2016, 11:55 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,157 times
My beard is stiff and hard to manage. I guess I have to start using conditioner or else I might get split ends. I wonder if a soft beard will make me better looking?

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology