Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 12:29 AM

18,813 posts, read 32,512,273 times

Advertisements

I'm over thinking that people should be better than anyone who abuses them or steals from them, etc. If you figured out a way to get revenge without getting involved in legal problems or violence, good for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 10:09 AM

58 posts, read 51,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I'm over thinking that people should be better than anyone who abuses them or steals from them, etc. If you figured out a way to get revenge without getting involved in legal problems or violence, good for you.
Yeah, my thinking as well. When he raped me I knew there was little point in going through the whole ordeal knowing his sentence assuming he even got one would be completely pathetic like a few months, maybe a year? All the while I have to be dragged through the whole thing talking to a most likely male judge who obviously wouldn't truly give a damn about it hence why rapists get such paltry sentences.

Instead I decided to destroy his life in a way no judge ever could and now his life has been destroyed. I don't care if people think I am just stooping down to his level which is of course not true, is making up lies about someone worse than a rape? I highly doubt it.

I just didn't want to be yet another woman that ended up being a statistic where I have to face my rapist in court only for the rape sympathizer judge to give him a slap on the wrist which happens ALL the time. Revenge feels soooo good

Old 03-22-2016, 01:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,167,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez28 View Post
Yeah, my thinking as well. When he raped me I knew there was little point in going through the whole ordeal knowing his sentence assuming he even got one would be completely pathetic like a few months, maybe a year? All the while I have to be dragged through the whole thing talking to a most likely male judge who obviously wouldn't truly give a damn about it hence why rapists get such paltry sentences.

Instead I decided to destroy his life in a way no judge ever could and now his life has been destroyed. I don't care if people think I am just stooping down to his level which is of course not true, is making up lies about someone worse than a rape? I highly doubt it.

I just didn't want to be yet another woman that ended up being a statistic where I have to face my rapist in court only for the rape sympathizer judge to give him a slap on the wrist which happens ALL the time. Revenge feels soooo good
Making up lies harmed the person who harmed you, but they also harmed you. Making up lies to ruin someone makes you as guilty as the person who raped you. I do understand why you would not want to go the police and trust our justice system though. I also agree that doing so is an ordeal. But becoming equal to the rapist in guilt isn't a good solution for you or your mental health.

Did you at least get some health treatment after the rape? Physical and mental?

Old 03-23-2016, 11:20 PM

472 posts, read 438,559 times
Quote:

When I first read the part about you being raped, I half expected some "I Spit on Your Grave"-like stuff to be coming as a sort of confession for said acts but no.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:29 PM

1,904 posts, read 1,045,739 times
Quote:

LOL...so your a psychopath....what's the problem?

Someone did you wrong, so you returned the favor. Good for you!

Personal Power is a wonderful thing!

(just make sure you take revenge on those who really deserve it. ALSO, watch your backside. You an expert in Martial Arts, killing, maiming, guns, knifes?)

Old 03-26-2016, 02:14 PM

529 posts, read 508,412 times
OP you're not a psychopath. You just sound more narcissistic than the average bear, and more concerned with your life than world problems. basically everyone from the new generation who is between 18-21 ;0 Dang kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Making up lies harmed the person who harmed you, but they also harmed you. Making up lies to ruin someone makes you as guilty as the person who raped you. I do understand why you would not want to go the police and trust our justice system though. I also agree that doing so is an ordeal. But becoming equal to the rapist in guilt isn't a good solution for you or your mental health.

Did you at least get some health treatment after the rape? Physical and mental?
No. No. NO. She is not 'as guilty' as the man who raped her. There is nothing wrong with objecting to vigilantism, and or individuals taking the law into their own hands. In any society, we ultimately cannot allow independent retribution to stand because of the potential collapse of law and order. Still, there is a large difference between RAPE and Defamation of character. The former has a far more likely chance of being repeated by an individual than the latter, and has studies to back up the fact their is lasting damage to many of the victims.

You should just turn the other cheek. You should go through the justice system. You should do this or do that. We cannot speak on what the OP should have done given we were not RAPED in what sounds like a small town setting, which can be particularly divisive in rape cases. Ultimately "getting over rape" will take time and probably isn't a simple step by step process. Mind you, I agree what she did more than likely will not her mental help. In any case, I simply cannot agree with the notion that she is as guilty as the rapist. There are many GOOD people who become vindictive when an extreme wrong was done to them...and with good reason when the recourse is questionable at best.

Two wrongs don't make a right...but there are still different degrees of wrong, no?

Old 03-26-2016, 02:43 PM

8 posts, read 5,958 times
Quote:
Now to start, I haven't ever done anything that would be considered especially heinous such as kill anyone or shot/cut someone or the like at the same time from as long as I can remember I have never felt much in the way of empathy/sympathy or felt pity or remorse..
I was that way till november last year and now i think i am psychotic person.
Nothing in life isnt 100% fixed and sure ,people change all their life, they can learn and exept changes and moderate their attitudes and behaviour if they think they will gain more pleasent life and more inner satisfaction and thats why they can grow from one personality disorder to another just as from mental illness to health and back.
I was abused child who was very religious, i was very sensitive ,had strong sense of guilt, felt empathy and compasion for others, even cry when i would see invalid or pour person in a street and then somehow in puberty i became first explosive borderline, then angry sociopath and then cold psychopath who could do anything but i was empty and not ambitius so i didnt do any harm.
I think i never had personal structure like psychopath without personal structure.
But life thought me a lot and now when i somehow end up in similar situation like in childhood i got psychosis.

I feel like i am again living my life and i have to learn again.
Dont ask yourself who you are, because life is a big journey and tommorow, next mont, next year or next decade you can be someone else, better or worse , more functional or less functional.

I still dont feel remorse or guilt, but i fell incompetent and ****ed up as if i am confused child surounded with super functional adults in adult world.
I could manipulate people just for joke and now i feel like a scared child who might be victim of all sorts of manipulation.

Quote:

Getting even is normal thing , nothing patological.
In some culture, people feel proud for making someone pay or suffer equally like the one who was hurt.

Last edited by blesimetrovka; 03-26-2016 at 02:51 PM..

Old 03-28-2016, 01:51 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Making up lies harmed the person who harmed you, but they also harmed you. Making up lies to ruin someone makes you as guilty as the person
You understand the ordeal for victims of rape in our justice system; in addition chances are if he wasnt a repeat offender...potentially he will be.

What she did was no where close to harm done by a sex offender....in a long shot.

Old 03-28-2016, 03:15 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
Quote:

I hope he learnt his lesson... Yeah, sentences should be set into a level that people would not feel a need to handle things by themselves.

I am glad it did not turned against yourself. Lies are not good either but rare woman would get succees by saying the truth (which should itself be enough shamefull action to a mans reputation)..

If what you did prevents him to do it ever again, you did a favour to everyone. I don't recommend it though since those people usually are able to turn everything against their victim.

Old 03-28-2016, 04:35 PM

37,619 posts, read 46,006,789 times
Quote:
Only those that would oppose/hurt me have anything to worry about.
A psychopath, no. A fool, yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology