Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2016, 02:38 PM

58 posts, read 51,158 times

Advertisements

Now to start, I haven't ever done anything that would be considered especially heinous such as kill anyone or shot/cut someone or the like at the same time from as long as I can remember I have never felt much in the way of empathy/sympathy or felt pity or remorse. Someone telling me all about their problems, even how they were abused or hurt? I don't feel bad one bit, and tell them as much. Watching those programs seeing all those hungry people in Africa or whatever? Not a twinge or feeling. While again I have never done something like kill someone I have stolen from others before, even one of my previous boss' and have never felt bad about it.

Though I should note (and one reason why despite as clear cut as it may seem I do wonder if I would be considered a full blown psychopath) that I have only ever done what would be considered bad things to those that are also bad such as the boss I stole from she was a straight up ***** and would treat me horribly, as well as others I have stolen from or hurt. I have never say stolen from girl scouts or children or good people, just those nasty mean and hateful people.

If you look at my first topic I made I had an ex bf that raped me and instead of depending on the completely useless justice system to do anything about it I decided to get my own revenge. I pretty much started a smear campaign making up lies about him being in the KKK and other very nasty things which in turn lead to him getting fired from his job and being a semi-small town he pretty much had to leave. He called me once upset at me about it and at one point even said "I think I may kill myself" to which I remember laughing and saying "Well go right ahead" and hung up. In the topic I not unsurprisingly got slammed for my actions but to this day still can honestly say I don't feel at all bad about it. My ex last I heard was still alive but that's all I know but I know I wouldn't feel a twinge of guilt if her were to blow his brains out.

But as I said before, if you are a good person and don't hurt me or hurt others I won't do anything to you. Only those that would oppose/hurt me have anything to worry about. While some may say I could never know how I'd react I am pretty sure if I were a soldier in the military sent over to Iraq/Afghanistan or somewhere similar knowing what kind of "people" are over there I would be able to shoot them dead and not feel the least bit bad about it. Especially as a woman could anything I do to them be any worse than what they could do to me?

Quite long I know but I would like some thoughts. BTW, I would like to add I am not so out of touch that I am fooling myself, I realize I am not at all what by today's standards would be considered a "well-adjusted" person, and in school History was my favorite subject and reading and I used to find people such as Vlad the Impaler, Bloody Mary, Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, etc. very fascinating. Sure by our 21st century standards what they did would not seem right but I always found it fascinating how they took no guff from anyone and even made what would be their own enemies fear them and thus respect them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2016, 03:07 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Remind me not to **** you off.

Old 03-18-2016, 04:33 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,907,501 times
Maybe a sociopath!

Old 03-18-2016, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Remind me not to **** you off.
See, that's just it. In my mind, the more people feel like that in regards to me, the less likely they will be to screw with me or mess with me. In the past while there were still battles and wars just think of how many chose NOT to oppose them due to what they did or knew they could do. One of my favorite stories about Vlad the Impaler was how the muslim army was so horrified by seeing all of those he put on pikes that he turned tail and ran lol. It didn't stop everyone obviously but it certainly helped to make many think twice before going up against him.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:00 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Okay, now I'm concerned.

I too have long since held a fascination for the likes of Vlad, Genghis, Capone, and even Hoffa. But if you read their histories, there was something in their youth that made them draw a line and say, 'No More.'

I very much understand where you're coming from as far as not wanting to take any crap. Raised for the most part by those who didn't want us, my siblings and I could have very easily been drawn to the dark side and stayed there. While I do have a problem with maintaining close relationships, I've found that I can't remain in a state of detachment and vengeance.

It has taken years, (decades?) to find a balance in selecting what to hold on to and what to let go. Self reflection and involution has been helpful. Frankly, the battle never ends, but does get easier.

Sorry, didn't mean to preach. All I can say is, sprinkle that revenge with a little grace and humor if you can.

Old 03-18-2016, 05:29 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,886,399 times
No, you aren't special enough to be a psychopath or sociopath. You are just a bad person. Simple, everyday boring bad person.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirron View Post
Okay, now I'm concerned.

I too have long since held a fascination for the likes of Vlad, Genghis, Capone, and even Hoffa. But if you read their histories, there was something in their youth that made them draw a line and say, 'No More.'

I very much understand where you're coming from as far as not wanting to take any crap. Raised for the most part by those who didn't want us, my siblings and I could have very easily been drawn to the dark side and stayed there. While I do have a problem with maintaining close relationships, I've found that I can't remain in a state of detachment and vengeance.

It has taken years, (decades?) to find a balance in selecting what to hold on to and what to let go. Self reflection and involution has been helpful. Frankly, the battle never ends, but does get easier.

Sorry, didn't mean to preach. All I can say is, sprinkle that revenge with a little grace and humor if you can.
Yes, I can see where you are coming from. But it's hard to change when it benefits others so well. Pretty much any politician or banker on wall street has the same mindset as I and it obviously has done wonders for them.

Old 03-18-2016, 07:15 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julez28 View Post

Pretty much any politician or banker on wall street has the same mindset as I and it obviously has done wonders for them.
That is simply not true.

Old 03-18-2016, 08:45 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,319,598 times
No. Behaving as you do and bragging about it under the guise of concern is just garden-variety narcissism. If you were a psychopath, you wouldn't care in the least what we think and I suspect you'd be too busy imagining your next mayhem to bother reflecting on what past examples mean.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
That is simply not true.
And how not? Do you think that any politicians really give one iota of a damn about all those that have died in the stupid wars they start? Not just the ones we have going on now either. During Vietnam if the politicians had any kind of feeling do you believe they would have thought it was a good idea to send thousands to die and suffer for completely selfish and stupid reasons?

Today, do you think any of the wall street bankers feel at all sad or remorseful of all the people that have suffered due to their incompetence and greed? You think anyone that has worked on wall street loses sleep over all the people that have suffered due to their actions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology