Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 03:04 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times

Advertisements

I'm a major introvert. I frequently sneeze very loudly. I have ZERO control over it. I have ridiculous allergies. I have a problem with my diaphragm as well which causes a number of issues. Be happy you're so perfect!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 04:44 PM

4,481 posts, read 3,637,629 times
I'd rather hear the occasional loud sneeze than have to listen to the person in the office next to mine hiccuping all day long. She hiccups almost every 15 minutes all day long and blames it on the expansion of her diaphragm.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:26 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,223,164 times
Im find the people more annoying who are more about making a big drama about saying "bless you" or whatever other says people say when someone sneezes.

Old 09-30-2016, 01:27 AM

8,869 posts, read 16,313,683 times
I don't have a loud voice and my Myers-Briggs test pegs me as an introvert. I can't help it that my sneeze is loud. A physician who treats my common sinus infections due to pollen allergies suspects it is due to my sinus cavity being bigger than average. Of course I always carry tissues and when I feel a sneeze coming on I cover my nose completely. But it's still noticeable to people within hearing distance.

Old 09-30-2016, 04:12 AM

6,727 posts, read 9,948,595 times
Sometimes, my sneeze is so loud that it bothers ME. I don't make an effort to sneeze in any particular way - what happens, happens.

Occasionally, I have a string of sneezes that I couldn't muffle if I stuck my head under a pillow.

As for attention-seeking, I live alone. Maybe I sneeze loudly because I'm trying to get my attention.

Old 09-30-2016, 05:24 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,748,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
Im find the people more annoying who are more about making a big drama about saying "bless you" or whatever other says people say when someone sneezes.

I find it funny when I'm out in public with my wife and she sneezes and some guy will give her a gruff "bless you" and give me a look that says "why do I have to do your job for you?". Little does the guy know that I permanently blessed my wife years ago because she has allergies and sneezes all the time.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:29 AM

248 posts, read 194,341 times
Sneezing loudly w/ mouth covered is not offensive to this member. There are some body sounds emitted in public/work area that I do find highly offensive which some have been previously mentioned.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:46 AM

88,527 posts, read 84,719,546 times
I had a woman in my office who did this little shriek at the end of each sneeze. I too figured it was a way to get attention, but there was another thread like this and people swear up and down they can't control the sound of their sneeze. I can, so I don't get that, but other people's sneeze sounds are not my biggest problem in life. Still, I do get a little annoyed when I'm around a Drama Sneezer.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortel View Post
I share an office with a woman who is a Jehovah's Witness, and they won't say bless you because they have superstitions about things related to old superstitions. It's OK, I'm not offended that she doesn't say it, but I am programmed, so when SHE sneezes, I say bless you, and of course she won't acknowledge it. It's my private little comical moment at work.

Old 09-30-2016, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatergypsy View Post
Sometimes, my sneeze is so loud that it bothers ME. I don't make an effort to sneeze in any particular way - what happens, happens.

Occasionally, I have a string of sneezes that I couldn't muffle if I stuck my head under a pillow.

As for attention-seeking, I live alone. Maybe I sneeze loudly because I'm trying to get my attention.
Well, gee, pay more attention to yourself, will ya?

I live alone also, so when I am home alone I sneeze as loudly as I want to, and I enjoy it! But I try to be a little more considerate in the workplace and stifle it a bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology