Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 10:51 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Are you delusional, too?
No. Delusional is not knowing the difference between reality and a question.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2017, 11:53 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
No. Delusional is not knowing the difference between reality and a question.
So now your back-pedaling from your initial assertion, because it was just a question? So if I ask if you are cognitively challenged or have been diagnosed with a personality disorder, then I'm just asking an innocent question and not casting aspersions about your character like you did about me earlier? No wonder everyone has you on their ignore list. Have a great day.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:22 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times
Well this discussion is a perfect example of what the OP is talking about.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:31 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I've been on forums for probably over 10 yrs and NEVER the attacks like here. One person for sure, attacks EVERYTHING I say, bring to the conversation. So I see it as attacking me the messenger. Why, who the H knows...could be this person is just out to get what I say and make IT wrong in that person's life. We have totally opposite points of view, so this is probably the reason. Just wants to make me wrong. This person does this with others as well and how long before I arrived here, I don't know. But it's the person's M.O., those who don't think like he/she gets attacks.

I just went thru another vile group of attacks from about 3 on some info I post in the another area. Calling my info lies, just about calling me a liar, it was absolutely bordering on slander. I don't like to report people but I sure did and the whole thread was closed. There are some who truly must despise me and my info.
And they have no idea who I am, but don't like what I say, I guess.

Even though there is a lot of their info I can't grasp, I'd never attack.

Old 08-01-2017, 12:40 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,749,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
It's the Aquarius in me. I know most likely I can't change their mind either but I don't tolerate it so I can't let it go silenced because to me that's saying that what they are doing is okay. Once upon a time I got sarcastic with someone on here and eventually they started listening so even though most of the time you don't get anywhere you might get lucky every now and then.
Sometimes I feel it's better to let them have the last word because it's better to make them go on believing that they are right and let karma catch up with them but sometimes I guess when I get so discouraged about life I'm more inclined to want to put them in their place as usually I can't do that to the people that are actually hurting me.

Anyway I often see the people that are doing that with you and I understand what you're saying. Sometimes they are just simply disagreeing with you but other times they are ignorant. Even I don't agree with everything you're saying but I've come to an understanding and unfortunately some people just don't get it. The more I converse with people the more I see that there are enough people who see in black and white. They lack the ability to think abstractly so of course they don't see things from your point of view. This is understandable sometimes but often times I think they don't even try. They don't even want to listen.

If I had to use my own face, I'd either delete my account or become a ghost but that's just me. I have a Facebook but I barely talk on it because it makes me feel exposed. I don't even discuss my perspectives on musicians I admire there. I've "liked" them but that is all.

Some FOR SURE are so set in their thinking and have no room for alternative thinking.

I have good friends who are very alternative in healing but find themselves taking heart meds now for afib issues that came into their lives. We accept everything we do and no attacks.

Just a lot of small thinkers out there....staying in their only boxed minds. And that's OK, but don't attack me. I'm not trying to change anyone, but there are Options to everything. Now if C-D isn't a support group then I don't know what it is...an attack debate group. I experience people here, some anyway, love to debate no matter how trivial the issue.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 08-01-2017 at 12:58 PM..

Old 08-02-2017, 02:20 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,838,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
So now your back-pedaling from your initial assertion, because it was just a question? So if I ask if you are cognitively challenged or have been diagnosed with a personality disorder, then I'm just asking an innocent question and not casting aspersions about your character like you did about me earlier? No wonder everyone has you on their ignore list. Have a great day.
Except I made no assertion and have not back pedaled an inch. You, on the other hand have apparently decided that the shoe fits so well that you will not only wear it but will go to great lengths to defend against an imagined sleight. I am unaware of anyone who has chosen to put me on ignore but that is everyone's prerogative - feel free to take it.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:41 AM

1,257 posts, read 888,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I also think that a lot of people are miserable, unhappy, angry or in personal pain. They can't go bananas on people in their world so we become the dog who gets kicked.
This forum has a lot of threads about being aggravated by everything so maybe there's just a high amount of negative people here who get off on starting ****.
I've never realized that there were so many things to be annoyed by...
It's a good question.

Think about it. What kind of person would get satisfaction by using strangers on a forum as their personal punching bag? I would almost guarantee they have always been bullying masochist types. It is mentally ill and demented people who enjoy poking and saying prickly things just to provoke and get under people's skin. It's their hobby because otherwise their existence is lonesome and miserable. My guess is they have gone through life burning one bridge after another until no one wants anything to do with them anymore ... so they go online and attack others. It's like they're out of their minds with the ridiculous fights they pick ... even the most general, helpful threads are disrupted and hijacked when one of them decides to have a throwdown ... then come the personal attacks and snarls, when it makes absolutely no sense to do so. They must be off their meds. Normal people simply do not have that much seething anger and maliciousness bubbling under the surface. Generally, people join online sites like this, seeking information and wanting to be helpful, but the hateful ones ruin the entire atmosphere. Normal people have normal relationships, friendships and kind interactions with other people, including strangers ... but many people here seem to be so accustomed to nasty and negative interactions that they treat strangers contemptibly, and can't seem to offer anything helpful or kind. Going through life that way makes them dangerous, volatile and unstable ... if they are that aggressive to strangers online, just imagine what they are like in real life. You can find yourself in a very bad mood after spending just a bit of time here, and that says a lot about the "quality" of the people behind the screens.

Last edited by SouthernProper; 10-09-2017 at 09:55 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology