Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 02:40 PM

10,900 posts, read 7,393,957 times

Advertisements

Clearly, people need to have multiple FB (or other sm accounts); some for work, some for friends...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2017, 02:41 PM

823 posts, read 1,974,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If it did not affect you so much this thread would have never started and the statement and thought would already be a distant, forgotten memory.

Alright, lets say it didnt traumatize me nor left me indifferent.

You see how intense some of the reactions are, I think it's a subject that touches a nerve on some people.

What's the right balance between privacy and accesibility? Should there be a balance at all? Should past matter? Should past be left behind? How many philosophical and psychological nuances.

It's just a matter of seconds before this thread gets shut down, so let's enjoy while we can.

Old 09-23-2017, 02:52 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
Alright, lets say it didnt traumatize me nor left me indifferent.

You see how intense some of the reactions are, I think it's a subject that touches a nerve on some people.

What's the right balance between privacy and accesibility? Should there be a balance at all? Should past matter? Should past be left behind? How many philosophical and psychological nuances.

It's just a matter of seconds before this thread gets shut down, so let's enjoy while we can.
The right balance is the balance everyone chooses for themselves.
This is not as complicated of an issue as you have presented.
The fact is, the statement affected you to the point that you have allowed another person to control your
actions/emotions regarding one comment on one social media site from one person you do not personally know.

Also, there are many levels of *trauma* and one's past is one's past, cannot be changed and many times is not a topic for discussion or debate. You do not have to like it or agree with it but you do have to accept it if you choose to remain in contact with whomever it is.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:08 PM

Quote:
The right balance is the balance everyone chooses for themselves.

I agree. I got my own balance. I wanted to hear what other people thought their own balance was. Call me nosy.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:13 PM

6,301 posts, read 4,199,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickofDiamonds View Post
Quote: When you meet someone like this, you feel like you wanna know the story of that person? Or just find that person creepy?

From my experience , someone who wants to know my story is the person who is creepy.

I feel like anything I say can and will be brought up again in the future for further evaluation and the walls of privacy will be breached as that person become the person who needs to know everything now about my life.

I believe that "familiarity breeds contempt" so that my life's story is none of your business, unless I decide to tell you.

I feel the same way and find the need for a "story " creepy too

Old 09-23-2017, 03:17 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Everybody has a past and this social media nonsense, drives me creepy. Driving so many nuts. It's so extreme.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I agree. I got my own balance. I wanted to hear what other people thought their own balance was. Call me nosy.
The exact reason many do not share and you admit your actions are the same as those you complain about...
bylpph

Old 09-23-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
The exact reason many do not share and you admit your actions are the same as those you complain about...
bylpph

Mmmm,

1- I havent done any action, actually. I dont even know what actions are you talking about.

2- I am not complaining about anything/anybody.

3- I am okay with people sharing or not sharing.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Mmmm,
1- I havent done any action, actually. I dont even know what actions are you talking about.
2- I am not complaining about anything/anybody.
3- I am okay with people sharing or not sharing.
Okay, whatever you believe must be the truth.
1. Your action is starting a thread
2. Your complaint is the question asked by the woman on facebook being creepy or whatever you said.
3. Obviously not simply because you continue to ask specifics.
and the circle continues going round and round....
I wish you all you deserve in your lifetime.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Okay, whatever you believe must be the truth.
1. Your action is starting a thread
2. Your complaint is the question asked by the woman on facebook being creepy or whatever you said.
3. Obviously not simply because you continue to ask specifics.
and the circle continues going round and round....
I wish you all you deserve in your lifetime.

Jeez...this is Twilight Zonish, actually.

1- Wow, I started a thread, somebody call the cops.

2- There is no complain anywhere in my thread. I just commented a Little incident that happened to me while I interacted with a person on FB. That incident lead me to a more general, global subject about how people perceive other people. In fact, I meant if SHE could think I was creepy or interesting for not having pictures. I dont think people with no social apps are creepy. Why would I.

3- Huh? I havent asked any specific thing on this thread. I just asked what the CD average user of this fórum thinks about a general topic.

I dont really give a hoot about what you wish, let alone about my life.

Mmmmm, ok, that's all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology