Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2017, 06:41 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,654,555 times

Advertisements

There are all kinds of problems in life:

Money problems
Marital problems
Problems with kids
Problems with parents
Problems with family, in general
Problems with animals
Problems at work
Problems with friends
Problems feeling overwhelmed
Problems feeling lonely
Problems with health
Problems with self-esteem
Problems with mental health
Problems with the law
Problems with addictions
Problems with business dealings
Other

What are your biggest pressing problems right now?

Mine have to do with family issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 06:58 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times
Elderly parent care
Chronically ill wife
Finances
Trying to run my Company while dealing with the above
Struggling with changes in the marriage due to both mine and my wife's issues we each deal with

Old 10-02-2017, 07:07 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times
Security in employment.
Long Term financial stability
Anxiety.
Health- DVT.

Old 10-03-2017, 12:20 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Having moved back to my small backwater Bible-thumping hometown that is completely sucking my soul out in 2012. Due to financial issues, I cannot afford to leave and my life is wasting away. That is tragic.

I try to keep things in perspective and be thankful I still have my health, family, employment, etc, but darn, it's hard to live with the decision I made and the decisions I made afterwards that are keeping me here.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:16 PM

20,396 posts, read 14,667,898 times
Most pressing problem at the moment, is getting my boyfriend moved into our new place. My part of the move is done, but he has a LOT of stuff and not a lot of practice moving (lived in same place as bachelor over 20 years, collected lots of stuff.) He was supposed to be done 9/30, still is not. So I finally said, "please let me help you" and he's left his key with me so I can. Go there, there's like 10 boxes on the floor with a few things in each. We do not have time for...whatever this is... So I go systematically room to room packing and hauling. He can go through it all later.

Ancient condiments, including a bottle of garlic mayo old enough that I thought it might be developing sentience and should maybe be enrolled in preschool. A box of nails in with the silverware. A gaming manual in the cupboard with the plates. Dust for miles. I even hauled up all the stuff he had stored in the crawlspace, which was...an adventure. This, friends, is how the zombie apocalypse starts. Not in a lab. In the fridge door of some American bachelor, where the Monster Manual meets the mayo.

Old 10-03-2017, 02:31 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,377,781 times
Panic and anxiety. I make things worse in my head. Or am I being rational about valid concerns? I don't know and I have no perspective anymore. Actually, I never did.

So one little thing goes wrong, and it sets off a Rube Goldberg machine in my head that completely spirals out of control and wrecks my sleep and sanity for weeks. I'm coming out of a pretty rocky period right now, so I'm hoping this will subside.

My life is great otherwise in so many ways.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:07 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Hmmmm.

I have solved all of the problems on the list I think.

I guess my biggest problem now is that I live in an empty nest and don't really like it that much, but I can't decide where I want to move, or what my next big adventure will be. Usually big life changes fall into my lap (most are work related) but perhaps the gods are telling me to just sit tight and consolidate right now. Plenty of time to save $ and fantasize about alternative living/working situations.

Old 10-03-2017, 03:55 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Fatigue
A fly that won't leave me alone.
how to get a new job that pays more for less work

Hmmm. I guess I am lucky

Old 10-03-2017, 04:15 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,462,536 times
Money problems-I've always had a lack of money problems. I've been poor all my life, but I've always gotten by. I have no savings, so this will be my biggest problem in the future if I end up living a long time.

Marital problems-I've never been married and I'm a resolved single, so this will never be a problem for me.

Problems with kids-I will never have kids, so this will never be a problem. I get along great with my nephews.

Problems with parents-I've never gotten along better with my dad. My mom died 11 years ago and that's still a problem because I was a momma's boy and still miss her dearly.

Problems with family, in general-I'm not particularly close with my family, but I like it like that. I don't really talk to my relatives outside of my immediate family (i.e. brother, dad, and nephews).

Problems with animals-This is a minor problem in my life. I live in a "no pets allowed" apartment building, yet somehow I live next to a huge dog that runs up to me sometimes. I'm terrified of most animals and this can make coming and going from my apartment unpleasant. It's definitely not the biggest problem, just more of a nuisance.

Problems at work-I'd say this is the biggest problem I currently face. I have a severe case of workplace depression. I absolutely dread going to work everyday and no longer want to do what I do. Unfortunately I'm working more than ever right now and I'm too scared to do something else. I do have 100% job security, so that's not an issue. I just would be much happier not working. I guess working for many is a necessary evil.

Problems with friends-I only have friend and our friendship is amazing. I have no need for any other friends.

Problems feeling overwhelmed-I feel overwhelmed quite frequently. It really doesn't take much. I treasure my free leisure time and have low tolerance for doing a lot of stuff in my life and feel exhausted if there's too much on my plate. It can be tricky balancing work and limited family activities sometimes. I can't even fathom a marriage or having a family of my own. I can barely take care of myself.

Problems feeling lonely-Loneliness is not an emotion I'm familiar with in the traditional sense. I've always been a loner and that's how I'm most comfortable. The only time I've felt lonely is in a room full of people.

Problems with health-I have some minor health issues, but nothing major. I have an ear issue that's more annoying than anything that's life threatening. I need to eat better and exercise more, but I'm not in the worst shape.

Problems with self-esteem-I've always suffered from low self-esteem and all my problems stem from it.

Problems with mental health-I've long battled depression/anxiety/ADD and I don't believe in seeking treatment for any of it. While mental health is a problem, I've structured my life in such a way to accommodate my disorders.

Problems with the law-I've never had any problems with the law. I keep to myself.

Problems with addictions-I've never done drugs or alcohol, but I have a major food addiction. This is problematic because I can't afford to eat as much as I do. And if I keep eating like I have been, I'm going to have some serious health problems soon. I do avoid red meat, soda, and I'm always moving around, so that keeps me from being obese. However, I'm still doing damage to myself with my caloric, sodium, and sugar intake.

Problems with business dealings-I have no business dealings, so this isn't a problem.

Other-I have no car, so that's not a problem I have that I've seen many people struggle with. It seems to be a major stressor with issues like parking, traffic, maintenance costs, insurance, outrageous gas prices, etc.

Lack of organization and cleanliness are a major problem for me. I have a hard time keeping my apartment tidy. I lose things all the time and hate having to clean up the few times a year I have guests. I'm a borderline hoarder, so there's always a lot to do. I usually start cleaning with good intentions and then just end up throwing everything in my closets for the illusion of cleanliness. I envy people who keep nice homes. Keeping a nice unit would prevent a lot of headaches. I'm supposed to be cleaning right now because I have company tomorrow, but I hate doing it so much that I keep putting it off.

Last edited by maniac77; 10-03-2017 at 05:24 PM..

Old 10-03-2017, 04:34 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
My biggest problem: My mom's health.

My less than big but still important problem, securing the money I need to take the CPA exam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology