Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 02:18 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times

Advertisements

Just reframe how you look at Sunday's

I do not think folks know how to relax.

I used to feel a bit lonely on Sundays back when I was single. But, as I have gotten older I realize I wasn't so lonely as I was bored because I didn't know how to relax.

Now I like Sundays....quiet, reading or movie watching or sleeping in....or Sunday drives. It is my whatever I feel like doing day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2017, 02:19 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
There is plenty one can find to do on Sundays. Take a hike, have a nice lunch after the list could go on and on. Or one can wait around and wait for Monday..

Old 10-30-2017, 04:30 PM

2,182 posts, read 2,321,661 times
You guys are just soooo happy and positive !!! LOL.

I do get that it's part mindset. I like my job so Mondays are fine by me. But there is just something plain weird about Sundays. UGH!!!

Old 11-02-2017, 09:43 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silibran View Post
Plan something with your wife on Sundays. Drive to town for a movie, or to a nearby park. Visit a nearby town for shopping, or a nice meal.

I have gone to church for all my life on Sundays. I still do. It is a part of my life I will not abandon. After church,for many years, I had the great treat of reading the Sunday paper cover to cover all afternoon. When I was a younger mother, I had plenty of kld stuff to keep me busy. And I went to work many of those years as well. I hated knowing that it was back to work, but giving myself a little treat of time or an excursion seemed to help.

I do agree that you should get yourself checked out physically. Be frank with your doc that you feel depressed and that the current meds are not working. But try giving yourself something on Sundays that you look forward to doing.
Thing is, he probably doesn't have the energy to go shopping or drive to see a movie or whatever.

You need to give yourself one sabbath day a week. Mine was Friday. Long bike ride for me, cell phone OFF. Head phones on, one hitter heating up to enhance things. You owe it to yourself, not doing any good to family moping around the house. I've been there bro. Do whatever it is you love the most.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:25 AM

5,485 posts, read 3,929,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Matt, I found finally what I believed and didn't believe and don't miss a church for a minute. There is some good programming on my Sunday morning radio and that is my church. For years while I was falling off my beach was my church. Then I really like St. Mattress. Meditation is a great power up that one can get into...

Ah that spice of life.
Never been a meditator. Tried yoga once at the advice of a doctor and nearly had a panic attack. I'm constantly consumed with thought of some sort, so the whole 'clear your mind' initial step doesn't really jive well with my personality. At least prayer had some objective on which one could focus--when I was religious (as I was for the first 18 years of my life), I prayed nearly every night. I guess my closest-thing-to-an-equivalent is drinking beer and contemplate while walking, which is something I do quite often--am about to do it right now, in fact. At 3:30 AM on a rainy Thursday night/Friday morning, through unremarkable upstate NY suburbia that I've seen untold ('untold' or 'unfold' here? Heh) thousands of times.

Old 11-03-2017, 11:08 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,753,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
Never been a meditator. Tried yoga once at the advice of a doctor and nearly had a panic attack. I'm constantly consumed with thought of some sort, so the whole 'clear your mind' initial step doesn't really jive well with my personality. At least prayer had some objective on which one could focus--when I was religious (as I was for the first 18 years of my life), I prayed nearly every night. I guess my closest-thing-to-an-equivalent is drinking beer and contemplate while walking, which is something I do quite often--am about to do it right now, in fact. At 3:30 AM on a rainy Thursday night/Friday morning, through unremarkable upstate NY suburbia that I've seen untold ('untold' or 'unfold' here? Heh) thousands of times.
Major population does NOT get into meditation in the U.S. for sure. Mother prayed a lot and I think that was her form of meditation to get thru her rough life. Prayer memorization.

I found SOM philosophy and it basically teaches: Change Your Mind, Change Your Life. SOM = Science of Mind.

Old 11-06-2017, 08:08 PM

4,039 posts, read 3,775,084 times
I actually felt like this yesterday and this morning. Sundays can be hard, especially with the weather change and the sky getting darker earlier. All I felt like doing was cuddle with a kitty, which I don't have. I ended up watching my roommate bake cookies, called my mom and watched Netflix until it was time to go to bed. Having some human interaction and doing something you enjoy might help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology