Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 08:29 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,458,170 times

Advertisements

In the style of Jeff foxworthy.
Do you show up with reptiles wrapped around you? Chances are your a threat.
Do you come wrapped in bomb gear? Chances are your a threat.
Do you wear a clown outfit? Chances are your a threat. ( Weird as it seems some folks actually are afraid of clowns)
Do you yell Fire in the hole as you enter the room? Chances are your a threat.
Do you bring your pet alligator to the social event? Chances are your a threat.
And my favorite..Do you wear a trump is great t-shirt? Chances are you lost touch with reality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 09:05 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddleydoo22 View Post
Everyone's energy changes when I show up.
You are a psychic vampire.

Old 12-31-2017, 09:25 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
When you say “everyone” ... are these people that you know?

Or complete strangers?

Old 12-31-2017, 09:49 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,580,323 times
What do you do/say when you enter a group? Do you immediately start talking and drawing attention to yourself? Or do you wait and observe/listen to what is already going on in the group and then blend in? Your behavior may be coming off more as ill mannered and offensive than intimidating. Do you argue or bring up controversial subjects? Do you listen and avoid interrupting? Do you impose yourself into conversations where you are unwelcome?

Old 12-31-2017, 10:23 PM

102,212 posts, read 107,931,771 times
OP, why are you making people pull teeth in order to get any info out of you? You posted here asking for help (again!), but are withholding key information (as always). Do you want help or don't you?

Old 01-01-2018, 10:52 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,561,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipm View Post
Think about your personality characteristics. Are you a know it all? Narcissistic? Loud and overbearing? Do you brag or try to "one up" people all the time? Are you a great listener? Do you talk too much or try to change the subject to what you want to discuss? Do you show empathy for others? There are some great tests to take on line...The Myers Briggs Personality Inventory is free at several sites on line.

We can all stand to learn some things about ourselves and our personality characteristics.
Aww you must be psychic. I'm right to the point and outspoken.

I don't open new accounts to talk shyt. Happy New Year!

Old 01-01-2018, 11:11 AM

1,959 posts, read 3,102,534 times
I think that insecure people are threatened by others who are very self-assured, have great posture and presence, and are even well dressed and handsome. Perhaps that is it. You don't even have to say a word when you enter a room. Some people just have an inner power that is unsettling to others. Good luck.

Old 01-01-2018, 04:35 PM

41 posts, read 31,436 times
Another thing to think about is whether or not you can be trusted to keep information confidential, or could you possibly be viewed as a gossip? One other thing that I have seen in some women who I have worked with is that they are basically insecure, so they play "mind games" to manipulate things to go their way.

You could come right out and ask somebody. Just tell them that you feel a change in the group dynamics when you enter a group setting. Be direct, if you really want to know. Just admit that you are a little paranoid (which is human) and want to know if you are doing something that turns people off. Maybe you aren't turning any one off.

If you do want to learn to relate to people differently, there is a type of group therapy called "Dialectical Behavioral Therapy" that works well. You can read books on it yourself, but it works best in a group setting so that you have others to interact with. I worked in a big organization once that required everyone to take part in an eight week course in this (a couple hours a week). It worked quite well in smoothing out interactions.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:29 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
Start brushing your teeth at least once a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology