Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 06:37 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,547,066 times

Advertisements

1. I think the touching was accidental because of the height difference. I don't believe there was any intention of "groping."
2. I find his comments problematic and inappropriate for the occasion.

See the height difference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxc_P0vohSY

Old 09-02-2018, 06:46 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,103,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
1. I think the touching was accidental because of the height difference. I don't believe there was any intention of "groping."
At that height difference, he could have easily put his arm around her shoulder. I do believe there was some intent here to pull her in, if not mere force of habit.

Of course none of us can speculate about what he was thinking. But the psychological aspect of this situation that intrigues me is the way he pretty much dismissed it like, "Oh, did I? Well, I hugged every performer... blah blah blah..."

Either he is clueless about his lack of boundaries, which in and of itself is disturbing, or he is being deceptive, in which case his cover is blown and it's past time for him to reevaluate his behaviors.

Another famous example of using one's position to obliterate personal boundaries:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.0c5b1f26fe53

Old 09-02-2018, 07:18 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,075,215 times
My feeling is that if this guy is this comfortable and confident being grabby with cameras on him, he's been doing this for quite some time now, to God knows how many cute sheep in his congregation, without repercussions. although the cameras, who knows how much more grabby.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:45 PM

24,763 posts, read 9,559,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmejor77 View Post
Do you think he knew what he was doing, or was just an unfortunate missundestanding? What about the comment about she sounding like a Mexican dish? Any psychological lessons with coud learn from this incident?
Ofcourse the man knew what he was doing. If Ariana grande was fat and ugly do you think he would have his arm groped around her chest? No.

The psychological lessons are narcissism, pervert, and sex offender from a position of power.

This was a grown ass married man who groped Ariana Grande and refused to move his hand while offending her name with a taco bell menu.

Last edited by Rocko20; 09-02-2018 at 08:21 PM..

Old 09-02-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post

See the height difference:
He SAYS he didn't even know who Ariana Grande was (racist taco bell menu joke), BUT he's grabbing her like it's his girlfriend

Jesus, did you even watch the video?

It was not accidental. I'm a guy, this is what guys do so they can subtlely touch, grab, and control women. Do you want this pastor dragging and grabbing your spouse, daughter, or significant other by her right breast?

This is not debatable, if Ariana Grande was not on TV she would slap the hell out of him for digging his fingers into her chest like that.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:51 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,921,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Ofcourse the man knew what he was doing. If Ariana grande was fat and ugly do you think he would have his arm groped around her chest? No.

The psychological lessons are narcissism, pervert, and sex offender from a position of power.

This was a grown ass married man who groped Ariana Grande and refused to move his had while offending her name with a taco bell menu.
Er, "fat and ugly?" The implication being that FAT women are ugly? Just askin'. .

Old 09-02-2018, 07:53 PM

924 posts, read 1,682,509 times
I saw a still shot of it and then the video. In the beginning I wasn't sure if he was aware of where his fingers were, but she looked uncomfortable and then when they were laughing, the way she repositioned herself (a common defensive maneuver in such a situation) and then he reaches back around again even further...it was deliberate, disgusting aggressive move on his part. He copped a feel on national television. This is obviously a man used to asserting himself over people via verbal and physical intimidation.

I wish Ariana would pull a Taylor Swift on him!

Old 09-02-2018, 07:55 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,951,296 times
Dirty old man.

Old 09-02-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Er, "fat and ugly?" The implication being that FAT women are ugly? Just askin'. .
Who said fat women were ugly? It's best to read a post without jumping to conclusions.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:16 PM

4,242 posts, read 951,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmejor77 View Post
But ignoring the fact that showing up to a funeral dressed like if you went to a cocktail party would be creating an elephant in the room. Young women are supposed to show their bodies the 365 days of the year? Is not a funeral a situation when everybody must follow the protocols?
Wow. I see that the blame-the-victim-mentality is still alive and well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology