Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 04:52 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,880,453 times

Advertisements

This is not meant to be an attack on the female gender. I'm sure that men have negative qualities.

But I was listening to an interview with Leah Remini talking to Joe Rogan about Scientology. She mentioned the singer Beck who had grown up in the religion/cult from a young age apparently. When the host mentioned the song "Loser" she seemed surprised that Beck was the singer. She liked the song. Then she went on and on about how much she liked it and had no idea he sang it.

Now this is what I don't understand. The song "Loser" is probably his most famous song. He and the song to me are practically inseparable. Apparently she had even met him, AND she was familiar with the song.

How the HECK could she not even know that he sang it??? His most famous song!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2018, 04:57 PM

29,755 posts, read 34,434,332 times
This sounds more like a specific Leah Remini thing than a "women" thing. Why would you even make that reach?

Old 12-13-2018, 05:12 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,412,204 times
I couldn't pick Beck out in a crowd...BUT I do know he is not Jeff Beck...I will listen now to it before
I post this to see if I have ever heard it.
Not my kinda music. 97 million hits, wow. Does he always do this kind of rap?
If not, maybe that's why she didn't know it was him...I have heard plenty of great music with no idea who is singing.
I watch the MTV Awards shows so I can keep up on so many new artists...I don't hear Beck's name mentioned much.
So am I also a mystery?

Old 12-13-2018, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
This sounds more like a specific Leah Remini thing than a "women" thing. Why would you even make that reach?
Because I've had the same exact thoughts with similar situations from other women. Almost a mirror of this. This is just one small example, like a single drop of water in a tidal wave of confusion.

I'm really asking about why women think so differently than men do. It's hard to think of another example at the moment.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:16 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,885,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
This is not meant to be an attack on the female gender. I'm sure that men have negative qualities.

But I was listening to an interview with Leah Remini talking to Joe Rogan about Scientology. She mentioned the singer Beck who had grown up in the religion/cult from a young age apparently. When the host mentioned the song "Loser" she seemed surprised that Beck was the singer. She liked the song. Then she went on and on about how much she liked it and had no idea he sang it.

Now this is what I don't understand. The song "Loser" is probably his most famous song. He and the song to me are practically inseparable. Apparently she had even met him, AND she was familiar with the song.

Who?

Kidding...I like Beck but don't know the song either. Lighten up a bit...

Old 12-13-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I couldn't pick Beck out in a crowd...BUT I do know he is not Jeff Beck...I will listen now to it before
I post this to see if I have ever heard it.
Not my kinda music. 97 million hits, wow. Does he always do this kind of rap?
If not, maybe that's why she didn't know it was him...I have heard plenty of great music with no idea who is singing.
I watch the MTV Awards shows so I can keep up on so many new artists...I don't hear Beck's name mentioned much.
So am I also a mystery?
Not exactly the same. She was both a big fan of his song, and she knew him personally. If you said something like "I hate Johnny Cash". Then if I brought up the song "Ring of Fire" and you told me that you loved the song, then I would be confused again.

102,233 posts, read 108,060,523 times
Quote:

What? What does this have to do with women as a group? And how would we know, why she didn't know that? You'd have to ask her.

OP, this is a very strange question to frame in terms of all women. Can you see that? Haven't you asked questions like this before, about one individual, but extrapolating your perceived issue to an entire class of people? It's not normal to do that. I'm wondering if you have some kind of undiagnosed cognitive condition.

28,687 posts, read 18,825,363 times
Quote:
Because I've had the same exact thoughts with similar situations from other women. Almost a mirror of this. This is just one small example, like a single drop of water in a tidal wave of confusion.

I'm really asking about why women think so differently than men do. It's hard to think of another example at the moment.
So what is actually the point you're saying is particular to women?

I had listened to Hurt and Ain't No Other Man for quite a while before I learned they were by Christina Aguilera--all I'd heard of her before were her over-produced kiddie-sounding recordings. I didn't realize she really had pipes.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:23 PM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,791 posts, read 4,158,850 times
Quote:

No, we don't.

Old 12-13-2018, 05:25 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,204,767 times
Quote:

See bolded. That is your one true statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology