Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 08:57 PM

1,306 posts, read 852,147 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Twist View Post
OP, do you feel that you are an incel?
no as I'm not cel
but I think its wrong to demonize and marginalize any community , behaviors yes but not individuals
many of these young men need serious help also at a very high risk for MDD/suicide

Old 07-22-2021, 08:58 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,363,404 times
If they are "only" frustrated then I don't think they fit the definition of an "incel". To me an incel is by definition extreme in their misogynistic beliefs and privileged expectation of sex - which they could get except they all think they deserve women who are 10's.

Welp, it doesn't work that way...you think a woman who's a 5 gets a guy who is a 10?! They wouldn't look twice at her because she would be invisible to them...so, incels are the worst of the worst.

Old 07-22-2021, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravarianpaisa View Post
No such thing as an incel.

There is always someone willing to sleep with you.

You just haven't looked hard enough.
bingo
i think that is a big issue
many of them are out of touch with reality and would settle for nothing less than perfect woman [ but a lot of time that is a product of being rejected by even average ones so they kind of compensate for it i think]

Old 07-22-2021, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seija View Post
Please do not attempt to foist a community of men who need psychological help onto unsuspecting women.

But I must ask: Who is definining these young men you meet as "incels?" You, or are they self-identifying?

If they are self-identifying, they are in no way, shape, or form candidates for healthy relationships for reasons others have already explained, and because you, yourself, said they need psychological help.

But if you are identifying them that, please be sure you're not putting a label on young men who just happen to be single and looking. There is a huge difference between the two.
ofcourse there is , where did i say all single and looking men are incels ?

in psychological and health evaluation these things [about sexual history] come up and when they dwell on it [ their being celibate] and are obsessed with ideas you generally find popular in these groups then its safe to say they are some sort of incel

There are a lot of maladjusted , socially awkward, angry frustrated females as well. I'm merely suggesting there is always someone for everyone

Old 07-22-2021, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
What I don't understand is why these idiots don't hire sex workers. Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?
because its illegal in USA and not everyone has the connections

also they might not have the resources

Old 07-22-2021, 09:09 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,790,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
All Incels do not likely start as misogynists
Many misogynists are not incels

i agree the physical harm and other hatred they spew should be curbed but if the underlying cause of this is being celibate then should we not fix that issue ?
Because the underlying cause isn't celibacy.

There are plenty of men who have not had sex for a long time, and have a strong desire to be in a relationship. And yet, they don't go around with such hatred for those women who have turned down their advances.

The lack of sex isn't the problem. Their attitude toward the lack of sex is (part of) the problem.

Old 07-22-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousMaximum View Post
I mean of course women are so much more. Teachers, Nurses and yes,Electricians and Mechanics...

...but as long as a Brothel and their Johns consent and know it's purely physical is that always ..wrong..?

I think it's more wrong to say, "Thanks for serving your country, sorry about losing most of your head, you'll have to pay to see ever see booty or wait that's illegal, so tough break kid, you'll never get to bury you face in a woman's booty again ...but uh... thank you for your service." ...or some dirtbike-riding Section 8 piece of ghetto trash runs over a 4 year boy in a parking lot, the kid lives, but he needs to dook in a screw cap bag by his belly button, and have differently shaped legs the rest of his life, and will likely never have a girlfriend, so he should also be permanetly denied the right to any kind of sex, even hired?

Such a fate, in my opinion, is cruel.

Don't anyone put words in my mouth, if a dude advocates cutting up a woman or doing some Joffrey crap... then -that- person needs the kind of help only a Louisville Slugger can provide...
brothels can have both male and female workers
I don't see how this is more injurious to health than smoking or etoh

Old 07-22-2021, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
Because the underlying cause isn't celibacy.

There are plenty of men who have not had sex for a long time, and have a strong desire to be in a relationship. And yet, they don't go around with such hatred for those women who have turned down their advances.

The lack of sex isn't the problem. Their attitude toward the lack of sex is (part of) the problem.
partially i agree
mental health disorder plus forced celibacy
im merely suggesting we "treat" both

Old 07-22-2021, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mink57 View Post
First of all, you may have met "a lot" of incels over the past 15 years. You may also think that those you met were only "average frustrated young men..." who have "decent personalities".

But are you sitting next to them while they're on their laptop spewing garbage toward the women who aren't interested in them? Do you see them writing words such as "wh*res" and/or "b*tches" when referring to the women who aren't interested in having sex with them?

These men refer to themselves as "incels" for a reason; they're involuntarily celibate. That is, they want to have SEX. They're more interested in sex than in a relationship (and probably come across that way IRL) Otherwise, they could simply call themselves "relationship-challenged", if it's a RELATIONSHIP they want.

From my experience, most of these guys are not merely "frustrated"; they're downright angry.

And yes, there are a number of women who have given up on relationships, especially OLD. The most common reason is...are you ready for it?...that the majority of men they've met OLD are looking for sex.

So, trying to pair a woman up--who is NOT looking for mainly sex--with an incel--who IS looking for mainly sex--seems pretty obvious why it wouldn't work.
these women have given up on relationship or given up on sex ?

If a woman is getting sex but does not want to be in a relationship [with that guy] then she is not an incel

these guys cannot even get someone for casual sex let alone LTR

Old 07-22-2021, 09:25 PM

4,640 posts, read 1,790,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad01 View Post
partially i agree
mental health disorder plus forced celibacy
im merely suggesting we "treat" both
Please tell me WHY you're calling it "forced" celibacy, if NO ONE is entitled to sex in the first place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology